StromTrooper banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Of course I didn't press both buttons after I'd reset it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

Thank you, Pat.

Who needs a dealership, anyway?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never noticed about the side stand being up, usually have it parked on centre stand, but I can never seem to get my clock to reset, unless the bike is running. then it will start flashing after about 3-5 seconds of both the buttons being pushed. left one pushed marginally before the right one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
SET CLOCK etc: Updated GOT IT !

There is a FAQ, but it's VSRI's. http://vstrom.info/faq/index.php?search=clock&submit=Go&action=search says Electrical: Clock: How to set? ...
Content: Turn the ignition to on.Press and hold BOTH buttons for what seems like forever. Push the left button slightly ahead of the right button. Eventually ...
On my (new to me) '13 GLEE, I WAS RTFM but couldn't figure out where the other (Select?) button was..The "Adjust" one was right out there on the cluster.

On the third or fourth "try", I happened to be standing on the left side of the machine and..BEHOLD! there was another UNSEEN "button" on the FRONT side of the left handlebar.
All the other tries were in the saddle position and it cant be seen from there (especially in 'the dark' behind the hand protector). Once it was 'discovered", things went a lot better from there. Its nice to be able to select MPH, Temp in Degrees F and miles on the ODO instead of that "metric" rubbish. I may live in Canada, long gone Metric but a Dinosaur like me (6tyeight) wants to see the REAL measurements.

·
Registered
673 Posts
My clock is about 10 minutes behind the actual time (until we fall back). I was going to adjust it until this last weekend. I was leading a group ride and trying to keep a eye on break times. There were a couple times I used the bike clock to make me feel better. Shoot for the real time and if that does not work out, leave by the bikes time. LOL.
I know its like setting your clock ahead and then staying in bed because you know your clock is ahead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the clock on the new bike the same as the 09? Mine seems hard to set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
on 2009 wee, pressed left button first followed by right, held till flashed and did minutes and the hours.

all worked as designed.

this site remains wonderful.

BIG thumbs up.

thank you.

be well.

rob

Reactions: Old Time Rider

·
Registered
23 Posts
I struggled with this for way too long before checking here. Thanks fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry to re-ignite this old thread, but I’m having trouble setting the clock on my 2017 XT. Already pre-warned about the ‘difficulty’, I asked the dealer to set the clock (because I now know why they hadn’t already done it). After an agonising 12 or 15 minutes I was worried they were going to break something and I told them to stop.
When I got the bike home I tried......and tried.......and tried! Engine on; off; kill switch on; off; selector button first; adj button first; 2 seconds; 5 seconds; 20 seconds....... you name it, I did it. Could NOT get the damn thing to start flashing!
Somebody please, please tell me what the f**k I’m doing wrong! (YouTube didn’t help either).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Made the executive decision that Veronica was not going to follow EST this go around, been more concerned with the temp than time these days. 1st ride in Jan did forget and rushed home only to be one hour and one minute early. Should get to practice when pulling the battery in a couple of months to replace it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Set my clock last week. Kickstand up. Ignition on. Engine not running. Pushed and held the left button slightly before also pushing and holding the right. Waited for several seconds. Bingo, minutes started flashing. Easy peasy from there....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it's an old thread, But I just set my clock for the upcoming spring... which can't get here soon enough.
I was having troubles as well. pushing both buttons at the same time. left button first. etc. The key was on. Bike on center stand with side stand up. Finally, I remembered what I found the trick to be last year... which was to make sure the kill switch is in the RUN position. Within seconds I had my clock set. I also now have a sticky note in my shop manual. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Thank god for this forum!!! I've learned how to set my clock twice since I got the bike last summer and, er, forgotten twice ...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
After dealing with the cryptic setting sequences on three modern Suzukis (at least one of which works slightly differently), it was refreshing on the Honda Helix where there is a single button on the dash labeled "Clock" that you press and hold until it scrolls to the desired time. Crazy 80s technology...

·
Registered
4 Posts
didn't daylight savings time end last weekend?
Yes, but don't tell him that, it took him long enough to get it changed in the first place! :smile2:

On a more serious note, I was thinking about getting a second Wee, one stays on normal time, the other on DST. Problem solved! :surprise:

Even more serious: For years I was struggling, too, to get the damn clock adjusted. It was hit and miss whether it would eventually start to flash, now I know better! So, thanks guys!

101 - 120 of 125 Posts