StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I set the clock with the trip meter on just about every time. The trip meter will reset if you push the right button first by the tiniest amount. It doesn't know right then left so the odo resets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anyone been able to set the clock on a 2014 Glee? Yes, I have RTFM. Yes, I have taken all the advice given in this fine forum. No, I cannot get it to work. Left button first, left/right at the same time, hold for what seems like forever, engine on, engine off, kickstand up, kickstand down, kill switch on, kill switch off, mild profanity, seeking divine intervention. Nothing.

·
38,048 Posts
It's the same as my 2012. Here's what I do. Turn on the ignition with the kill switch in the run position. Make sure the clock is displayed and you don't have a CHEC on the display. If the temperature is displayed instead, pull in and hold the display change lever on the left handlebar for for a few seconds until the clock is displayed, then release.

Pull in and hold the display change lever on the left handlebar and immediately afterward, press and hold the ADJ button on the left of the display. That should start the clock display flashing. Then follow the manual. The only problem I've seen is in trying to do both buttons simultaneously. If the right is pushed the tiniest bit late, it won't work but the left a bit ahead works fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just to close the loop on this topic, I took it to the dealer last week. The adjust button was shipped from the factory broken. They are ordering a new display unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks all for this post, I am glad to see I am not the only one. I hit the right button once and cleared my trip odometer. I do seem to have an issue that every once in a while I will see that the clock is wrong again, like hours off, as if the power shut off to it, then came back on. Anyone else have this issue? Bike starts and runs just fine. No issues.

·
38,048 Posts
Loss of power will reset the clock. I can't think of anything else that will do that without human intervention.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of changing the time on the bike, so I moved to Arizona to avoid changing my clocks ever again. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Make sure you have the kick stand up! It won't work unless you do.

·
38,048 Posts
I'm pretty sure the stand can be down as long as the tranny is in neutral. The kill switch needs to be in the run position too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got an interesting situation that I haven't found a solution to yet. If anyone can help, I'd sure be appreciative.

I can change the time - hour and minutes - no problem, however, when I alter the hour, it ALWAYS settles on one hour ahead of the current hour.

Sure, I can live with it. but it's just a bother to compute every time I look at the display.

Anyways, Happy New Year!

·
38,048 Posts
That doesn't make sense. The hour doesn't settle. It advances with each button push. If your fingers are doing something odd, aim for the hour one off from what you were trying before.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I've got an interesting situation that I haven't found a solution to yet. If anyone can help, I'd sure be appreciative.

I can change the time - hour and minutes - no problem, however, when I alter the hour, it ALWAYS settles on one hour ahead of the current hour.

Sure, I can live with it. but it's just a bother to compute every time I look at the display.

Anyways, Happy New Year!

If this happened to be a real issue then why wouldn't you set it an hour before the real time? Problem solved?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got back from the carport, and here are my results:

The current time was 6:38 pm & the display showed 7:38.
I changed the clock to 6:38, and it settled on 7:38 when it stopped flashing.
I changed it to 5:38, it said 7:38.
I changed it to 4:38, and it still insisted it was 7:38.
I even input 8:38. Same result.

I know it's not logical. Go figure.

Maybe I'll find the time to stop by the dealership soon, play dumb and see what happens.

·
38,048 Posts
I bet you didn't press both buttons at the same time after setting the clock and it reverted.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts