StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
All the wisecracks here and no one has suggested it just takes connecting the battery at midnight? :D

[[Oh common, like you're really not up that late. I've seen your posts.]]
Or wait till noon. But here in AZ resetting your clock for daylight savings time is not an issue.:confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
reset the clock

bloody marvellous, spent 2 years looking at the wrong time!!!! and it took less than 15 seconds to fix. well done boys

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great thread!

Hi.....FYI....I struggled with this too. :headbang:

Held the buttons for an ETERNITY and did not work UNTIL I toggled the kill switch a couple times. :yikes:

Works great now.....thanks to everyone who posted here! :hurray:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just now felt ambitious enough to seriously try to reset my clock after 4 years of wee ownership. Left button first, and . . . success!

If only I had bothered to read this thread when I got the bike! Of course I'll have to reread come standard time, 'cause I'll have completely forgotten the two simple steps by then.:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed the manual also........didn't work. The key is indeed to push the left button first.
For me it still isn't working.
On that note though, the trip counters don't come up either, and I can't get the clock to change to thermometer mode either.
The only thing that happen's is that the display changes from Kph to Mpg
I have tried the select button first and last, held those button's for 4 minutes at a time (you try that some time) with and without the motor running.

Mine is a May 2012 model black and white and I picked it up 2 days ago.
The guy doing the handover couldn't set the clock either.
I will be taking it back for it's first service in a few days, so they can look at it then and show me how it is done or if I am just going mad.

I have also read the manual 3 times. :fineprint:

·
38,049 Posts
On the Glee, the left button is the one near the clutch lever and the right button is the reset button on the left side of the instrument panel. Follow the instructions in the manual, including turning the ignition on, except for pushing the left button slightly before the right rather than simultaneously. That's practically impossible and pushing the right button slightly before the left won't work. Pushing the left before the right works fine. I like to have the engine running when setting the clock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
kind of funny but trying to set the stupid clock on my buddies strom a year or 2 ago was how I discovered this forum! :green_lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
YAY!

OMG I love you people. I've only had me wee a week and this was driving me bonkers. All fixed now!

Now if only I had an outside temperature display, and a gear position indicator.

·
38,049 Posts
Now if only I had an outside temperature display, and a gear position indicator.
You can buy those separately. I did before a bought a bike that included them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can buy those separately. I did before a bought a bike that included them.
I saw a couple homebrew projects for these, including a very nice microcontroller setup, but the end result was sort of clunky. Could you point me in the right direction for aftermarket versions?

·
38,049 Posts
Many threads on here thermometers are included at thermometer - Google Search

The Healtech GIPro DS is your best bet off the shelf for a gear indicator on a Wee. gipro ds - Google Search shows threads on it here. Some DL1000 owners like the ATRE version more than the DS but the 650 really doesn't benefit from ATRE and the DS is less expensive.

I'll apologize now for taking the thread off topic.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts