StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put my front rotors on a Blanchard grinder, as I have with rotors from other bikes, in order to remove a slight warp and any residue.

In order to have a nice flat piece of metal (the rotor) which can be placed on a Blanchard grinder, I need to remove the rotor from the carrier. :confused: The rotors attach with some kind of round buttons that don't appear to be removeable.

Can the rotors be separated from the carriers, and then re-attached? How?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Resurrecting an old but relevant thread here.

I have an otherwise perfectly good front brake rotor on my Vee that has lost the wave washers that hold the buttons tight. In a short period of time, the rotor has developed a disturbing amount of rotational play (not just side-to-side) which has resulted in some "grabby" braking and unpredictable feel.

After researching a way to replace these buttons, I have found no solution for the Vee - only BMWs and Ducatis. It pains me (and my wallet) to toss away a good rotor. It has hardly any wear on it other than the buttons, and perhaps the carrier where it has worn against the buttons.

In the meantime, I have mounted an old, almost worn out rotor while I think about what to do.

If I could replace the buttons, I'd be a happy camper.

Any ideas?

Or failing that, if anyone's got one kicking around, I suppose I could use a used rotor...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
$400 CDN for a new OEM rotor. Fuuuuuuuuuuudddge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts