StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i've decided that i want to debadge/remove the decals from my wee, but i've also decided that i want to save the decals just in case i ever want them back on?

so...whats the best way to save them? what kind of paper can i stick them to and be able to get them back off later? i'm thinking either wax paper or parchment paper?

thanks for the input!

·
Registered
780 Posts
so...whats the best way to save them? what kind of paper can i stick them to and be able to get them back off later? i'm thinking either wax paper or parchment paper?
I think that you are going to be very disappointed with the results....Plan on buying new or don't de-badge if you're concerned about buying new decals.

·
Registered
875 Posts
They will be destroyed removing them for sure.

I took off my Suzuki S badges and the 650 stickers and left the V-strom stickers on.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Might be able to get them off with heat. Maybe a blow dryer. May stretch them a bit too. Not sure how that would go.

Also possible you could have an explosion heating up your gastank like that. arf.. Darwin Award... Waxed paper might work.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I took the decals off my 2011 within the first three months of ownership; and I park in the garage almost all the time. They came off easy, but even the big pieces were unusable/destroyed. They stretch and rip during removal and I can't imaging trying to save them... :beatnik:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input! Sounds like they are pretty much destroyed after removal. I'll just take them and go for it! I'll probably replace them with the dl650 adventure stickers eventually. Or the shark decals!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts