StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gear shifter broke the other day. I was riding along when I heard an almighty clattering form under the bike and something really hard and painful whacked me on the foot. I thought the stand had fallen off or something. It turns out a flat iron bar had been lying on the road and it reared up and smashed my gear shifter in two. Rather than a nice "L" shaped shifter, I now have an "I" shape with nothing to put my toe under. To change gear I put the heel of my boot against the top of the "I" and drag it up with my heel. It's amazing how good you can get at that!

Anyway, I want to fix it but when I had a look it didn't look straightforward. It looks to me as if you have to replace the whole mechanism which is screwed to the frame with 2 large allen bolts. Is that correct? Does anyone have any instructions anywhere on how to do this?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You don't say what model you have but both have a circlip on the end of the shaft. Remove #38 with circlip pliers. Be aware The jam nut #34 has a left hand thread. A Dl1000 setup will look a little different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts