StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone tell me how to release the Wiring harness connection from Fuel Tank Side Cover? The bike is 2014 1000. I've check on-line but all the references are to earlier bikes without the harness connected.

I'm certain it is easy, however, the indention left at the tips of my thumb and finger beg to differ.

Thank you in advance!

joe

EDIT: to added a photo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Levering it up with some needle nose worked for me. Whatever you use you need to lever it out.

·
Administrator
17,362 Posts
Small bit standard screw driver, push in on release tab and pull on connector.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gentlemen, I ended up prying them out with standard screwdriver, it was a pain.

Once I put covers back on I will try pressing on the release tabs, hopefully they will still function properly after my removal method.

Thanks again.

Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, ditto what everyone said.

Just finished removing my tank for a heated grip install. You have to pry around the base with a flathead screwdriver while pulling upward.

Definitely a PITA

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can buy a tool at the auto parts store that is made to release these things.

It's a lot easier than a screw driver.

Lisle - Door Upholstery Remover

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
In that thread they are talking about the pushpin fasteners. These are different. I did pick up a forked end tool like a screwdriver with a bend in it that slides under the clip and pops it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In that thread they are talking about the pushpin fasteners. These are different. I did pick up a forked end tool like a screwdriver with a bend in it that slides under the clip and pops it out.
Maybe I should have added: See Post #15 on Page 2:wink2:

Reactions: flgolfer29

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've only had my Vee2 for three days so I haven't yet removed the side panels - but unless I misunderstood what was written, isn't the tab at the very tip of the green arrow intended to allow the cable-tie to release?

In other words, push down on the tab and the cable-tie slides out. If you remove the factory cable-tie and replace with a reusable/releasable cable-tie (which also has a release tab), future removal will be pretty simple.

Or am I missing something?

Tipsy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
:surprise:U could be durn right there Pardo!
As per Henk Vs pics.
I just took a closer look at Henk V's pictures in this post. And I took a look at my bike. I'm nearly certain this is one piece and there is no need make a cut or to insert another cable tie.

Simply press the tab by the green arrow (no need to cut by the red arrow) and the tag-end by the orange arrow will release.

As far as I can tell, it's all one piece and it's intended to be releasable.

Tipsy

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
My goodness! So the owners manual's arrow refers to the pressing / pulling on that little tab and not the bloody uprooting of the whole connector from the panel. One is never too old to learn!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts