StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really stupid question, but I have trouble reading the maintenance chart for my K4 DL650: With service scheduled at every 6k km, the first 4 services are at 6, 12, 18 and 24k km, but does it then start again, so that the 6k service is at 30k etc.? What then with the 18k service, which will be taken every 24k km? See what I mean, or is it just me?

If someone could shed a bit of light on this, I would be happy!
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the schedule should not be read as lists of what should be done through a 24k km cycle (at 6, 12, 18 & 24k km resp.), but as a list of individual service items that should be performed at 6, 12, 18 and 24k km intervals?

Makes sense, but why does not Suzuki present such a list in a maintenance schedule going up to, say, 100k km, or more? :)

Thanks, anyway!

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
The interval just repeats. Like Aerostitch, eat, ride, sleep. 6K, 12K, 18K. It's a no brainer unless you for get when you did the oil change like I do.
Did I change the oil at 90K or was it the filter at 96K? What the heck, visit the dealer and get oil and a filter and be done with it!
Gettin' old is such a bother!

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
I always use the Maintenance Service record book that came with the bike, and keep it updated. Good for me, and a great selling point when you sell the bike.
I also change the filter every oil change. That gets rid of another cupful of used oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts