StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a SHAD 3P mounting rack on my 08 Wee. The lower attachment point of the rack used the opening right behind the passenger foot peg on the foot peg mount. I previously used a large phillps head screwdriver thru that opening to get to the front screw that holds the chain guard in place for getting the guard off to clean and lube my chain.

Anybody else running these racks and if so, how do you get to the front screw of the chain guard? I've seen those s shaped screwdrivers before but I have never seen one with a tip big enough to fit these big screws.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I installed a SHAD 3P mounting rack on my 08 Wee. The lower attachment point of the rack used the opening right behind the passenger foot peg on the foot peg mount. I previously used a large phillps head screwdriver thru that opening to get to the front screw that holds the chain guard in place for getting the guard off to clean and lube my chain.

Anybody else running these racks and if so, how do you get to the front screw of the chain guard? I've seen those s shaped screwdrivers before but I have never seen one with a tip big enough to fit these big screws.

I lube the bottom run of the chain, below the swingarm.

I don't clean just lube.

Reactions: Hmm
1 - 2 of 2 Posts