StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 DL1000 on craigslist. I am asking 4600. for it. I don't think this is to much. What I can see I have one the lower price around the gulf coast. Bike really looks good, with some good farkles. I think this is a good price. The market seems to be flooded with bikes. All with good prices. I'm just ready for something different. Maybe a boat.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
_______nomics

Alabama has less of a season then up North but YOU will probably
still have it until March

Heck its free on Craigslist

·
Registered
824 Posts
prices vary widely by area
I just got an '08, 20000 mi., one owner, few farkles but near new tires, incredibly well maintained, for 4200 in Tampa
I'd be thinking closer to 4 thou
the used bike market is not real strong in many areas except for dealers who can offer financing-it is a selling feature for many
a lot of guys remove farkles and sell them separate from the bike.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I have had my '06 Wee for sale for some time. It has a full-on suspension upgrade worth $2400, $3k worth of accessories, immaculately maintained. I am about to drop the price to $4800, which is a steal for anyone who buys it. Best bet is don't be in a hurry. Post at what you think is a good price. Drop it every few weeks until someone steps up. Move on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I recently drove to NC from south Florida to pick up a MINT one owner 05' Vee with nice modifications for just over 4k.

:)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Best bet is don't be in a hurry. Post at what you think is a good price. Drop it every few weeks until someone steps up. Move on.
Exactly so. Selling a bike ain't rocket surgery. BTW, NADA valuation for an '06 DL1000 is $6365. But that figure was for summer, so it would surely be lower now. Might be a good starting point, though.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Going into fall definitely is not the best time to sell. If you can hold off to sell in April/May, you'll probably get quite a bit more money for it.

I couldn't find a decent Vstrom back then when I was looking in April, anywhere in the country...now they are all over the place. It's just part of the repeating annual cycle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I start with researching prices for about 300 miles from where I am.

That gives me a decent base. I then look and see if there are any localized markets that are hot spots, you know like a Subaru being sold in Vermont vs Florida.

Then price it at a point that is low enough I will get calls and high enough I will not feel like I lost my shirt.

I kept my DL650 because the market for the bike totally collapsed.
And it was worth it to me to keep it then sell it for $2,500.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is this your bike? I think you may be a little high. My buddy just bought an 07 Vee with 15k and more farkles locally for $3900. He got a decent deal and the farkles made it worth it to him since he was going to add them anyway. Not really many farkles that you could remove and sell to lower the price either. Good luck with the sale.

2006 SUZUKI DL 1000 V-STROM

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seems high compared to what I see in Wisconsin. I just picked up a nice 07 with 27k for $3100. Bike has a crash bar, rock guard with radiator guard and radar shelf. The season has a lot to do with price as does others for sale in the area. Adventure bikes are so hot they won't last long if you're priced right. It took me 2 years to sell my Concours, but my BMW F650 went in a couple of days. I agree that removing the farkles, selling separately and cutting the price will probably get your best bang. Riders with older bikes are always looking for equipment at a better price and don't mind that the cases, bars or shocks have a few miles. Sorry you're moving on. Good luck with you new/next adventure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts