StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who uses cameras to record their rides? What camera are you using? Have you ever tried livestreaming your adventure?

I see an app called facebook live, if you have a cell phone holder that allows you to point the camera towards the front, and also needs to be a little high up to see. Or else a mirror mount cell phone holder. Finally you can use a GoPro or other Action Camera.

I will post more info about my $50 action cam and live streaming in a bit.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Livestreaming is uninteresting to me, and frankly I consider it a narcissistic thing to do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Livestreaming is uninteresting to me, and frankly I consider it a narcissistic thing to do.
I enjoy watching other people going on adventure rides on youtube. It's nice for people that are at home on the computer to be able to watch.

Also if I go down; people will know where I am if I get in an accident if I am livestreaming. This can also help with insurance or just finding someone that hits you in a hit and run accident.

Just having a camera mounted on your ride and highly visible might get people to pay a little more attention as well. Less likely to pull out in front of you or turn a left in front of you without yielding, if they see the cam :)

I know how to do it I just have to test it; you can do it with any adventure camera that has wifi capability, and using an android phone with hot spot capability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts