StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, Does anyone know which relay to buy and which LED lighting would be good to replace the turn signal and brake lights..Thanks Ben, Ive seen a couple post on the pre 2012 but not much on the 2012s..P.S Im at 11000 miles going strong ..too many farkles to name

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also you will need to replace your turn signal flasher with a "no-load" or LED flasher. Most flashers rely on the resistance of the filiment bulbs to tick over, as LED have far less resistance you will either end up without functioning turn signals.

Look around on ebay if you can wait, I picked up one for my 92 dr350s for a couple bucks that works great, whereas prices on amazon are closer to $25. Just make sure you get a 3 prong flasher (Somebody correct me if thats not what the glee uses) as they are made with both 2 or 3 prongs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also, to add one more thing. Turn signals can be found inexpensively on ebay as well, I paid $9 for 4 amber led turnsignals that I put on the afformentioned dr350s and work great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also you will need to replace your turn signal flasher with a "no-load" or LED flasher.
Just make sure you get a 3 prong flasher (Somebody correct me if thats not what the glee uses) as they are made with both 2 or 3 prongs.
Anyone know exactly what the 2012+ DL650 uses? Specs? ...before I try to replace it with an incorrect piece?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
One problem with the change in turn signal placement on the Glee compare to earlier models is the turn signal lamps are inserted sideways. The brightest LEDs direct their light parallel to the base. I had LEDs on my old Wee and did not consider then worth the expense. The one advantage was low heat so I could use them as running lights in the plastic housing. I would like running lights on my Glee but have yet to find a solution I'm happy with.

All Stroms have a flasher unit that includes the side stand relay. It has a 7 prong connection. There are LED friendly ones on ebay or the light blue and brown wires can be freed and run to a two prong external flasher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts