StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the last 6 full years of riding I haven't been successful in keeping my feet dry in the rain. For the last 2 days I ve been wearing soggy sox and an equally wet pair of shoes. Can someone suggest an alternative for this...?

What do you do when it rains and you ve gotto ride a long distance?

·
0 Posts
I personally wear Alpinestars Effex GoreTex lined boots. I have never had wet feet when wearing any type of motorcycle boot lined with GoreTex, Sympatex, etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure if my experience qualifies, but ....

I sometimes wear a pair of cowboy boots. They are a pair of ranch style, waterproof boots, and they are exactly that--waterproof. They have kept my feet dry in the heaviest downpour out on the road. My rain suit pulls down over the top, so that keeps the water from pouring in.

I recently bought a pair of Tourmaster Response Short Cuts. Great boot, obviously shorter than the cowboy boots, but much stiffer with better ankle protection, and very easy on the feet--both on and off the bike. I have not had a chance to test them in the rain, but I am sure that if I had an accident, these boots would stay on my feet, whereas the cowboy boots would probably get yanked off.

Brent

Q

·
0 Posts
I wear a pair of Oxtar Infinity Boots.... Gore Tex lined.

Bone dry feet no matter how hard it rains.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I bought a pair of Motophoria Vortex boots. I have ridden in all day torrential downpours and my feet stayed dry.

·
Registered
961 Posts
+ Infinity Oxtar, personally anything but true motorcycle boots would be suicide on your ankles in a slide on pavement, I've seen pictures.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Best boots I've ever rideem with? Army boots!

I paid $20 for them used at the army surplus and they are absolutely waterproof. The tongue is sown in and they are also steel-toe. 4 seasons and they are still great!

V.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I bought a pair of the Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boots. They were good for the first season but now, after many miles and zero maintenance, they leak like crazy. My current solution? Plastic bags. Slide a plastic bag over your sock before you put your boots on. The boots will get all wet and squishy but, as long as there are no holes in the bags, your feet stay dry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wear a Icon boots, Field armor. They are not claimed to be waterproof but riding in several rain storms, dry feet. I cannot say enough good about these boots. Strong too, kinda like wearing sledge hammers on your feet.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Gore-tex lined boots of your choice are the way to go.

Waterproof but breathable. It took me a long time to find some that were comfortable to walk in as well as ride but I did. And my feet stay dry. Make sure you seal your rain pants over the boot opening though. :oops:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tourmaster Cortech Solution boots.

I have a pair on right now. Completely waterproof and comfortable enough to wear all day.

W

·
0 Posts
I swear by my Sidi On-Roads and my Danner Recon boots with gore-tex lining. Never have had wet feet yet and that's with four years of 4-season riding in rainy Washington State.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cruiserwork boots are pricey but absolutely waterproof and so comfortable on my EEE foot that I often forget to take them off when done riding. They look good enough to wear all day at work, too.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Aerostitch has a pair of Overboots that have kept me dry in anything.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had the Alpine Web Gortex and they were good for two years.
That was about 30,000 miles or so and I love to shift.
They started to leak after that. I guess the lining wears.
I have a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots now.
Had them in the rain for about 6 hours a week ago and they
stayed dry.
I'm going to keep wearing the Alpine boots when there is no
rain in the forecast and save the Oxtar for the rainy weather.
It does pay to waterproof the leather.
Keeps the leather dry when the rain is not that bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dumb observation...

I bought a pair of slightly used, but expensive AlpineStar boots from a friend (not sure the model name - no shoestrings, just Velcro). Tried them a few times and don't really like them.

Why? The upper 'toe region' is very stiff and hard, and the toe protection extends back far enough that I couldn't 'feel' the gearshift lever with my left foot. It felt I was missing some much needed feedback, not being able to tell how hard I was pushing against the lever or exactly where my foot was under the lever.

This happen to anyone else?

Doc Marten's Steel Toe Industrial Boots. Sort of expensive - $100.00, but I love 'em.

- Tom

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I use TourMaster Response boots - mid-height cut. Great in rain and can easily wear all day without changing.

Safe Riding,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts