StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior owner installed a cruise control / throttle lock on my bike, which chose to pack it in (somewhat) on a ride today. The thing is a plastic scissor sort of apparatus that cinches onto a collar on the throttle tube, activated by a little thumb lever from above.

The thumb lever flew off at about 70 mph today, bounced off my helmet and was gone.

Any chance of finding a few replacement bits? Any thoughts as to how to identify it? Not a Kaoko, not a throttlemeister or any other brand I've seen so far.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Vista cruise

As I remember the whole thing is like $10-$15. Not worth trying to buy parts, shipping probably costs more than the throttle lock.

Bill H.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that's a Vista Cruise? Anyway, I 've got one on my workbench, never installed. You want it? $12 & I'll mail it to you. I could take a pic & let you see it to make sure it's just like yours.

Roadduster

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one didn't really look like that, I'm afraid... though what is involved in installing the vista cruise? I haven't done any grip removal/handguard futzing, so I'm a little hesitant given my technical/mechanical stupidity to take on taking apart the GO button side of the bike. I'm tempted to just pack it in and live without throttle lock.

That being said, I might be interested in the Vista Cruise all the same... any raves/rants on this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This one didn't really look like that, I'm afraid... though what is involved in installing the vista cruise? I haven't done any grip removal/handguard futzing, so I'm a little hesitant given my technical/mechanical stupidity to take on taking apart the GO button side of the bike. I'm tempted to just pack it in and live without throttle lock.

That being said, I might be interested in the Vista Cruise all the same... any raves/rants on this?
The Universal Vista Cruise is an easy install (less than 1/2 hr.) with no grip modification required. Here' the link to the step-by-step installation I posted a short time ago.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/mainten...versal-vista-cruise-control-installation.html

It works great! No issues since installing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts