StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may find myself very embarrassed, but I cannot seem to rotate the left handlebar switches. I find myself accidentally hitting the horn button with this new Wee.

On all the previous motorcycles I've owned, I could easily loosen to screws and rotate it accordingly around the handlebars. The screws on the housing to the Wee's handlebar switches seems to simple allow me to disassemble the housing but not rotate.

Any help? Do I need to rotate my handlebars in the clamps and then readjust the mirrors, clutch and brake levers, etc.? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
To do this, you will need to remove the switch from the bar.
Then you will have to remove, via dremel, file, etc. the 'nub' on the switch

OR

you will have to drill another hole in your handlebar precisely where you want the nub to go and re-assemble....

Pretty awesome, eh?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have recently removed the nub as described by henerythe8th above. I used a soldering iron to melt them off as I don't have a dremel or file. The switch housings are easily removed, nothing technical or tricky involved.

I have not suffered any unintentional movement since performing the operation. The switch housing seem to clamp on pretty tightly. I was originally going to wrap a layer of electrical insulation tape around the handle bars where the switch housings sit to give them something to grip onto but this has proven to be unnnecessary.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both.

Thanks for the added comments Strange Dog about it not slipping without the nub as that is likely the route I will go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts