• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
After all that verbiage you never posted your height?
Nice! :thumbsup:
The purpose of the thread is to take the poll. The information vault forum is not a discussion forum. I'm breaking the rule just to provide information about the rule.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The purpose of the thread is to take the poll. The information vault forum is not a discussion forum.
I'm breaking the rule just to provide information about the rule.
Got it!
It's a place to post topic specific information, not opinion, observation, or discussion.

At 42 posts & counting, there are obviously quite a few of us that didn't realize that, but in my case a word to the wise is sufficient.
No problem GW. I fully respect your warning.
Regards,
-Ej-

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ah.
Greywolf, I am not 100% clear on your meaning in posts #36 and #41.

Are you meaning that the poll results should not be discussed in this thread, but that discussions should be entered in another thread once the poll has been declared "closed and finished"?
Or is it permissible [or even preferable] for posts here [while the poll is current] to discuss the "modus operandi" of the poll, or other matters affecting the outcome or aspects of measurements to be taken?

*And my apologies to ElectroJake for making this enquiry more than a "one-liner."
My posts here - and elsewhere - tend to be "shotgun" posts, firing numerous pellets in various directions ~ some pellets more interesting and relevant than others.
[Though I hope to gain EJ's retrospective approval of my scrupulous avoidance of declaring my personal information in these posts here.]

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Posted at the top of the forum.

Information Vault
Forum to post all historical information relevant to V-Stroms. For example, tech reports, published magazine/online reviews, links, etc. Not a discussion forum.

The original forum owner posted a poll here asking the owners' ages. I took it to mean data about the owners was also to be collected here. Based on other threads in the forum, the no discussion part gets universally ignored with no moderator input. I just don't get how "How tall are you?" develops 5 pages of posts. Why would anybody care how tall some other individual is? The idea is to get a graph of the range and the same applies to the weight and age polls.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I stand 6'5"

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.