·
Registered
125 Posts
6'7" 330 lbs :thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Woohoo!!

I feel somewhat unique as only 1 of 5 in MY height range!!

How about it all you other stubby riders at 5'4" any "exciting" moments while riding off-road on it?
I still love this bike despite only getting a toe down!

No lowering links for me I just hop on and GO - who needs to touch the ground anyway -- I just don't stop :thumbup:

Oh, and Janice - no fair posting numbers without photographic proof to back it up:mrgreen:

Demented Dave in Dusty Doha, Qatar
Deployed Gov't Contractor
Now accepting donations for Alaska 2011 ride ;)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
5'4" isn't 20% but 1.1% at this point. I'd like to see pics of you slow dancing with 6'5" Janice. I've seen her pics and believe the numbers.

·
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A lot more people are willing to disclose their weights than their heights for some reason. 704 to 497 at this point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
5'8" female with a 33" inseam, would still like the bike to be a tad lower though, just for my (probably noobish) peace of mind.

·
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
5'8" female with a 33" inseam, would still like the bike to be a tad lower though, just for my (probably noobish) peace of mind.
Your legs are longer than mine even though I have a couple of inches height advantage. Once you get used to the bike, you'll probably want to go back to a stock rear height. Having the front end lowered 10-15mm with respect to a stock rear seems to be the best handling setup.

·
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Polls need votes at the top of the page, not by new posts. New posts are for comments.

·
Registered
598 Posts
A poll on men’s height is virtually useless. They all make claims that a doctor with measuring tools will disagree with.
My height claim of 6'1" is barefoot and doc-certified. But the results of this poll suggest that you are correct. No way is the median truly 5'11". Come-on guys, this is not a dating site. I would really hate to see a poll on incomes!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
But the results of this poll suggest that you are correct.
No way is the median truly 5'11". Come-on guys, this is not a dating site.
I would really hate to see a poll on incomes!
So one would assume. . .
If someone is going to lie about their height, they are likely to notch it up a bit.
But if they're going to lie about their weight, they'll have a tendency to notch it down a bit.

BTW: I'm an electrical worker for the railroad and my income is $185,000 per year.
No really,
:angel_2: <heh-heh, wink>

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks, Awd505, for the link to At Halls.MD Body Mass Index and Ideal Weight calculators for various height charts.

Noticeable is the "falling off" in heights to the right of the curve (= older individuals).
Partly this would be a generational thing. Effect of the younger, having an upbringing turbocharged by KFC and McD super-sizing?
Partly perhaps the "natural" decline of height, owing to the "packing down" of all those backbone-discs in the spine. You have to be expecting to be an inch or two shorter at age 60 than you were at age 20.

So, what is to be recorded ~ Height Right Now, or height at maximum "in the good old days"?

Then, we should be concerned about verification [from which Janice will be excused, on both counts ~ or perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "both"].
As has been mention earlier, there is often a certain amount of exaggeration (of height, I mean). An exaggeration which is more than half subconscious.
A calibrated tape-measure and an independent third-party measurer is required.

Which leads to Mikeg's [post #26] excellent suggestion that in-seam leg length would be a much more down-to-earth and practical survey to take (in regard to motorcycle riding).
Verifiers, step forth !!
Mind you, I have never been very comfortable (scientifically, that is) with the concept "in-seam length". Regardless of who takes the measure : where is the actual measurement taken FROM ?

One end of the tape measure touching the ground. Right. Got that.

But the other end? Where? Perhaps I fail to "grasp" the location.
Is it some fleshy location ~ and therefore somewhat mobile or variable?
A secret skeletal location would be the only rigorously acceptable one. But where?
And which verifiers are truly competent in making the ass-essment [SpellChecker, wherefore art thou] ??

Perhaps we'll just go with height, for what it's worth.

POSTSCRIPT
The is one more height-critical point : the time of day at which height is measured.
Only a small variation for oldies.
But the youngest Stromtroopers can easily lose 2" during each day between sunrise (when John Wayne, and all true Stromers, hit the saddle) and bedtime.
So which is it to be ~ the breakfast height, or the dinnertime height, for the record here?

The survey will have some interest, of course, but will be badly affected by Selection Bias. Strom riders will tend to self-select for tallness, as a consequence of the unconscionably tall seats designed/made by Suzuki.
Riders average, or shorter, will drift towards purchase of Harleys, Vespas, etcetera.
I would be surprised if a survey of the Amazons (excluding Janice) did not show above-average height for women. A mini-survey, please Janice !!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.