StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is serious or not, I just finished changing the sprockets, and installed the clutch slave cylinder (clutch basket out of the bike). I went to test the movement, and after a few pumps heard the pop! Cylinder came out of the bore, and now the cover is broken as seen, can I use it this way (that piece of plastic seems a little useless for anything other than splashes), or do I need to find a replacement?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to get a good bond with chemicals, but who knows. Edge to edge on greasy plastic... not a recipe for success. It's not a stressed part, but the consequences of that bit failing and jamming up the clutch could be ungood.

A new cover is only about $45.

That bit is there mainly to keep the filth out of the clutch slave, so there's no reason you can't ride it like that until a new one arrives.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I bit the bullet, and found one on ebay, 35.00 w/shipping (most places listed it as new,but didn't have it in stock). Guess lesson learned..DON'T pull the clutch cable without the clutch in the bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts