StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know it's a silly question but I never own a Suzuki before. I heard about Suzuki cars not so pleasant opinions, not to mention they're not built in Japan mostly. Hence my question, is v-strom built in Japan?
and how reliable is the engine and gearbox? I'm looking for an adventure bike so reliability is the most important virtue.
I was comparing v-strom 650 XT quality build with F800 GS and must say suzuki looks more solid, much better built. Would ride through desert on v-strom without hesitation?

thanks

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
this

reliable and cheap (affordable) are the two words most commonly associated with Stroms

(and for the older ones, also "ugly")

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The Stroms have earned a reputation for being extremely reliable. The catch is using it for it's intended purpose. If you're going to be riding tar and smooth dirt roads they're all good. If you're planning on hitting rough stuff go for a model with wire spoked wheels. The cast alloy wheels don't handle rocks and other hard stuff as well. Other than that these things last very very well with nothing more than normal maintenance.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
In some parts of the world Suzuki motorcycles are assembled locally from Japanese parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts