StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Lucky to be alive!!

Geez Muddy, my heart rate went up when I saw this. I thought the 220kg bike was going to be on top of him for sure. That bloke had probably the most lucky escape I've seen, it's a long way from medical help. Post that one on the general forum site Muddy, it's a good one!

WARDY

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That is scary shit. The bike could have just as easily landed on top of him with his head under water.....
Could have as easily broke his neck or his back. Somehow he missed his chance to die that day. If I were he, I would for sure be in church giving thanks the next Sunday.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Bloody hilarious :green_lol::green_lol:

What happened to "you ride it in, you ride it out" ?? :green_lol:

Ah well, it was only a Katoom...surprised it made it that far up the Telegraph Track and was still going :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Lucky punter, indeed!!

Now I wonder what he got up to at the huge water hole at Nolan's Brook, only a few k's north of that bridge. :yikes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll bet he would have made it if he would have kept his feet on the pegs. Legs dangling around are not good for balance.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Holeeeee kurap!

How lucky is that not to get seriously hurt!

Note to self: take care on bridges with sandy/rocky approaches.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
How lucky is that not to get seriously hurt!
What do you mean?
The guy is a total wimp, typical KTM pansy if ever I have seen one!
Look at the video objectively.

Requirements for KTM ownership;

Can't ride - check
Too scared to damage the bike (can't afford the repair costs) - check (he doesn't even break the screen for goodness sake)
Show off - check
Can't self recover - check

KTM should employ this guy as their pin up model Team Orange owners would wet their pants over this guy

(over to you McGuyver) :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

·
Registered
261 Posts
yep when F^&*) UP they F#$% up all right :green_lol: bloody funny though
glad to see only ego's hurt:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Somebody's Guardian Angel was working overtime to save his butt with that fall.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Great pic Pete,How did they get the DR out ? would a little lateral thinking have the logs at 90 deg to what they are,bumpy but not wheel grabbing ?:confused:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts

Yep, the Cape can be tough, Nathan's DR650 6 feet underwater on the same track.
Nathan and Elena's Aussie Ride-About - ADVrider

And yeah, he drained her out and away she went. It's a Suzuki after all. :hurray:
Isn't it still running?
I'm sure I can see the tail light still on.

The KTM rider was lucky on that day, don't think I will buy one if they are prone to jumping off bridges like that- might as well own a horse, they do the same thing. :fineprint:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Muddy I beg you,:shocked: for the love of God man, none of these bridges this weekend!!!:cryin:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
One hell of a hole!

I don't know what it is with KTM owners, but on almost every group ride I've ever been with them, they've:

- Expressed dissatisfaction with the pace.
- Split off into their own ride.
- Gotten lost.
- Arrive hours late.

Mr. Ray went with one of these splinters once and shoed up for lunch as we were leaving. He said "I knew we were in trouble when we passed the same church for the 3rd time."

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Great pic Pete,How did they get the DR out ? would a little lateral thinking have the logs at 90 deg to what they are,bumpy but not wheel grabbing ?:confused:

These things are NOT official (or even serviced) crossings, they're just crossings made by some kind or desperate soul with whatever tools they have around. There's little lateral thinking in crossing a creek.
There's no substructure, in fact, no structure at all. They're just a few logs/ planks/ twigs/ fill to get across.

That shot looks pretty much like Nolans Brook.
Despite the fairly narrow creek, it's 6-8ft deep under that log bridge.

The lateral thinking should rather come from the halfwits who try to ride those things rather than push/ guide the bikes over.
The results make for good vids/ ride-reports, though!!
And there have to be candidates for the Darwin Awards...:green_lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts