StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger and buying a V-Strom 650. Looking at $4,000-5,000, finding lots of good used possibilities in the 2011-2015 range.

But I'm going to want hard top and side boxes. Some of the used bikes I look at have one or the other, some have neither. So to properly compare things, I need to know:

About how much would it cost to get hard top and side boxes to put on a 2011-2015 Wee?

It looks like new, it'd likely be over $1,000. But then I see for sale posts here for used luggage that's only in the hundreds. What's a good average cost I can use to properly compare bikes with luggage to bikes without?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
With racks and tail plate? Used for side and top alone are $500+, another 200 ish for racks and top plate. New your looking at $1200 ish. I have seen used side bags only for $350....no top box. You may of may not like the look but a Pelican box works perfect for a top box and is relatively cheap used on fleabay.

I think Mastery has some racks and bags for sale right now in the For Sale thread. Also, I don't think 2011 stuff will fit on the 2012-2016. 2011 and down are all the same. Here:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/sale/384234-sw-motech-evo-racks-oem-suzuki-panniers-cases.html

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a look at Solobox. They are very well made, huge, and you cannot beat the price!
Thank you, fellow British Columbian! (I'm living in Los Angeles, but when I'm not working in the US, I've lived in BC since 2001, as well as getting degrees before that at UVic and UBC.) How much did your set cost?

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I have the SW Motech Suzuki side boxes that came on my 2012 I never use. They're in good shape. If you're interested PM me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank you, fellow British Columbian! (I'm living in Los Angeles, but when I'm not working in the US, I've lived in BC since 2001, as well as getting degrees before that at UVic and UBC.) How much did your set cost?
US$525 all in. The top box was thrown in as an off-season special.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts