StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,

My Dealer told me that it would be close to $300.00 CDN to replace a fork seal. He figured that I might as well change the bushings as well.

After using the "Search" function and reading a few posts, I spent 10 Minutes and cleaned bug guts off my Fork Oil Seal with a Swiss Army Tooth-Pick.

Saved 3 hours shop time and parts.

Blessings,

Christopher.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I've saved money on this site. That's why I started feeling like a cheapskate and sent $ to howboucha to become a $tromtrooper& help cover site costs. I just saved over $30 monday on my dynojet pc3, thanks to mightyshep's link. Custom burned for my leovince exhaust too!

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
A lot...too much to count. I've sent Howboucha several donations, each time after the users of this site have given advice or uploaded photos/instructions for an install or similar. I'd rather give some of my hard-earned $$ to stromtrooper.com than the local stealership.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Yep, me too. $20/year is a bargain for the knowledge and mind-expansion I've gained from this site. Renewed my subscription last night!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I dont know if it has saved me any money but it certainly hasnt saved me any time. On the contrary, I lose at least an hour a day to this site... :D

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Is that a joke?

This forum has cost me money. I was perfectly happy with my stock 05 wee then I found this place and realized I wasn't happy at all and wouldn't be happy until I added lots of farkles. Ignorance is true bliss:D

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I was considering a BMW when I happened upon a blue DL1000 on a remote gravel road while hiking last spring.

I googled "VStorm" and happened upon this site and all the positive owner/operator experiences documented herein.

Just think, I coulda' had'a BMW instead.

That's a possible savings of up to $18,364.89.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This site is invaluable. The knowledge and experience shared here would take three life times to gather on ones own.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Save time and money??!! This site has cost me a fortune in farkles I didn't know I needed until I saw them here! And since I spend at least an hour a day here and more hours installing all those farkles, it's cost me days and days of time. And boy am I glad I found it:bom_laugh4::bom_laugh4:!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I've saved a lot here. I felt a little guilty after reading the title so I just ponied up the Paypal to be a bonfide $tromtrooper.

bogey78

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Thanks to the knowledge base and friendly folks here I am over $3000 poorer than I anticipated when I first got the bike. Of course I now have a very comfy bike that is a pleasure to ride and doesn't hurt me after 20 minutes. The friendly folks on this forum and actual new friends in my life are priceless. Friends with a common interest, what could be better ??

M

·
0 Posts
What, are you effin' kidding?

This place has cost me hundreds. With all the damn farkle lists that everyone posts I'm still finding shit to buy....

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Save time and money??!! This site has cost me a fortune in farkles I didn't know I needed until I saw them here! And since I spend at least an hour a day here and more hours installing all those farkles, it's cost me days and days of time. And boy am I glad I found it:bom_laugh4::bom_laugh4:!
Same story for me to.....

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
My doctor wanted to charge $3000.00 to do my vasectomy. Just hit the search button here and voila, I'm sterile. Took some of the money I saved and bought a gel seat. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Well, between the purchase price of the bike and farkles so far this site has cost me about $8000 and three or four hours a week reading and waiting for my dial-up internet to load the pages and HUGE pix when I should have been riding or working on my Connie. So, I guess I'm ahead of the game, right??:D It's all been good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts