StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Stromtroopers,

It’s been a solid week of rain here so things like V Stroms, chainsaws, lawnmowers and brush cutters are starting to be pulled apart and bike forums are being trolled and gear is being organised ... again.
Pictured is all the stuff I cram into the generous space under my Stroms seat. Is there anyone else better at Tetris that can get any more to fit???? This is my “roadside” kit... I pack more “stuff” in my tank bag and tooltube for touring/adventures but I’m wondering what other riders have permanently packed under your seat only???

My under seat crap…..

Spare fuses
Small LED torch
Stock toolkit
Mini Foot pump
Leatherman
Tyre repair kit (mushroom + string + patch)
3 large gas canisters
Bike jack
Cable Ties/zip locks
Small bottle of blue Loctite
Jumper cables
Rescue tape
Hutchie cord
Emergency blanket
Spare bash plate mounting u-bolt
Spare windscreen bolts.

p.s. my storage space also has a fusebox for the accessories.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,718 Posts
Yeah, well...Once you put a great big TOOL TUBE on the inside of the luggage rack then you can double the amount of stuff that will weigh you down.
See your under seat storage and raise you 20 pounds worth of tools!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, well...Once you put a great big TOOL TUBE on the inside of the luggage rack then you can double the amount of stuff that will weigh you down.
See your under seat storage and raise you 20 pounds worth of tools!
Raise you 1.5 litres of fuel and 2ltrs of water too :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks good, I would be getting a small surge protector added to your bike if you intend using the jumperleads, I have seen to many fried computers to risk it. Steve

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, I would be getting a small surge protector added to your bike if you intend using the jumperleads, I have seen to many fried computers to risk it. Steve
Used the jumper cables to start a KTM, when your bike is turned off I think the large solenoid isolates the rest of your system (i could be wrong tho) Everthing under the seat has been used in the past except the tow rope. (I think thats a good sign)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello Stromtroopers,

It’s been a solid week of rain here so things like V Stroms, chainsaws, lawnmowers and brush cutters are starting to be pulled apart and bike forums are being trolled and gear is being organised ... again.
Pictured is all the stuff I cram into the generous space under my Stroms seat. Is there anyone else better at Tetris that can get any more to fit???? This is my “roadside” kit... I pack more “stuff” in my tank bag and tooltube for touring/adventures but I’m wondering what other riders have permanently packed under your seat only???

My under seat crap…..

Spare fuses
Small LED torch
Stock toolkit
Mini Foot pump
Leatherman
Tyre repair kit (mushroom + string + patch)
3 large gas canisters
Bike jack
Cable Ties/zip locks
Small bottle of blue Loctite
Jumper cables
Rescue tape
Hutchie cord
Emergency blanket
Spare bash plate mounting u-bolt
Spare windscreen bolts.

p.s. my storage space also has a fusebox for the accessories.
good stuff mountain, got some ideas from this. i also purchased the rescue tape from a trade show i went too, geeze i love those shows. did you purchase the foot pump for reliability or there was no room for a 12v ???

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was room for an electric pump but I went for the foot pump because it is generally more reliable than electric acessories, this mini pump has a high volume and low volume setting so it can inflate tyres quickly then top off high pressure if needed to over inflate (for air transfer hose use). The rescue tape can be used to fix the pump hose if it cracks, the tape can also fix a radiator hose and although not recommended, rescue tape will even survive brake line pressures to "get you home"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts