StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - my wife weighs 112. How many turns on the suspension adjuster do you recommend, for her to ride as a passenger? Right now it's at the factory setting - in the middle. Thanks for your help.

Jim C

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Hi all - my wife weighs 112. How many turns on the suspension adjuster do you recommend, for her to ride as a passenger? Right now it's at the factory setting - in the middle. Thanks for your help.

Jim C
With any passenger, max out the rear preload.

·
Registered
499 Posts
This reminds me that I have been meaning to ask about carrying a passenger.

I want to take my hadicap brother for a ride on my bike, but he is pretty big. I am 6 foot 3, around 210lbs with gear. He is about the same size, maybe a little lighter (like 200lbs with gear)

I THINK based on the GVWR for the bike, that it can handle 500lbs worth of passenger but I don't know if that includes fuel or not.

Would it be ok for me to take my brother for a ride based on my and his weight?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
This reminds me that I have been meaning to ask about carrying a passenger.

I want to take my hadicap brother for a ride on my bike, but he is pretty big. I am 6 foot 3, around 210lbs with gear. He is about the same size, maybe a little lighter (like 200lbs with gear)

I THINK based on the GVWR for the bike, that it can handle 500lbs worth of passenger but I don't know if that includes fuel or not.

Would it be ok for me to take my brother for a ride based on my and his weight?
It will be fine.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
To summarize---
Everyone should set the sag, front & rear, to get the bike properly set up for themselves. There is no correct "factory" setting; one rider might be 120# and the next rider 320#. Both front & rear on the strom do good with sag close to 40 mm. Sag is set with preload adjusters. The purpose of the sag setting is to get the suspension in about the middle of its travel to minimize the chance of either topping out or bottoming out.

You can do the front yourself. Get a helper for the rear.

When carrying a pax set the tire inflation pressure higher for the rear--I follow the sticker on the swingarm (same as the owner's manual).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts