StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear is about to expire, so I am questioning if it is worth throwing a cheap 705 and then switch both or just switch both..

How much did you get out F/R OEM Trail Wings? This is on Wee2 BTW Thnx

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I typically get about 16,000km on rear and 22,000km on front using Metzler Tourance tires. I usually swap prematurely if I'm about to leave on a long trip. Occasionally you might get lucky and have both tires worn at the same time. I would not ever put on a cheap tire because good rubber grip is my safety insurance.
Recently I switched to Heideneau K60 Scouts for better performance on gravel roads.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Tire wear is extremely dependent on the rider, the rider's definition of "worn out" and conditions. I've seen reports of anything from under 10,000 miles to over 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire wear is extremely dependent on the rider, the rider's definition of "worn out" and conditions. I've seen reports of anything from under 10,000 miles to over 20,000 miles.
I am more interested in ratio of F/R then actual mileage. The mileage would depend on many factors: type of riding, use of brakes, temperatures, area (some places have very abrasive pavement), etc.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got 8k out of the rear, 10k out of the front. Now, I put a new TW on the rear when the bike had 2k miles, so at 10k both were ready for changing. I ended up just putting the 705's on, they seem to do a great job and are half the price for a set than many others. Both cost me $163 including shipping. Installed myself with help of a friend.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it is unrealistic to expect typical one front two rear ratio? That settles it, I'll just get a full set.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
So it is unrealistic to expect typical one front two rear ratio? That settles it, I'll just get a full set.
I don't think it is unrealistic at all. But I do think you'd be better off looking at your tires and knowing how you ride and decide., not relying on how/what we think. Having said that, I just looked and I have the 705's on and have 6,749 miles on them and the rear is not totally worn out, but will NOT make any trip at all with it on, and the front looks great, so in the spring I will buy another 705 rear. But that is this time, and it seems every tire/change is a bit different.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My used bike came with Anakee 2 and after they wore out I put BattleWing 501 and 502. Rear I got about 16K miles and front 22k miles. I opted for another set since they wore so well. That is at 40-41psi front and 42-43psi rear. I do check pressures religiously. Your tire life will vary.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts

No I always get 2 rears to one front on every motorcycle I've owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts