StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wee used and it has a Gerbing brand plug in on the bike for heated gear. I was looking to get the Tourmaster jacket liner and gloves.

First, can I plug that much into my bike without issues.

Second, will I have to change the wiring harness to fit the Tourmaster stuff.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The Warm and Safe stuff will fit the Gerbing connector. The only reference I found to Tourmaster with other brands of heated gear is at http://www.warmnsafe.com/index.htm which indicates an adapter is required for W&S gear to mate with Tourmaster so I guess the Gerbing situation would be the same. FWIW, I've never had any trouble with W&S or Gerbing gear but my Tourmaster non heated jacket fell apart inside a year and my Cortech (made by Tourmaster) mesh jacket's poor wrist closure allowed the sleeve to get pushed past my elbow, allowing an impressive road rash.

DL650s before 2008 had about 100-125W overhead. Another 25W was added in 2008. In any case, install a voltmeter and make sure the bike is handling the load. 12.6-12.8V is the break even point.

·
Registered
338 Posts
if it gets cold reach up front there and pull the plug on one of those headlight bulbs.... just dont do it in the night.

Coop

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
if it gets cold reach up front there and pull the plug on one of those headlight bulbs.... just dont do it in the night.

Coop
Effective. I put a switch on mine though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts