StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My manual is at home and my gas indicator started flashing. The little gas tank icon, not the last bar on the digital guage. How much gas do i have left?

·
Registered
285 Posts
When mine starts blinking and I fill her up it takes about 4 gallon's. Guess it depends on how long its been blinking as well.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The bottom bar will start flashing when you get to about a gallon left. I don't pay attention to the little flashing gas pump. I don't worry when the bar starts flashing either. I usually go 20 or 30 miles after the bottom bar starts flashing before I fill up and the most I've ever been able to put in is 5.2gls.

Stromette may have more detail for you. She's the only one I know who's ever run out. I think she carries a Oklahoma Credit Card for emergencies.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Vstromper said:
The bottom bar will start flashing when you get to about a gallon left. I don't pay attention to the little flashing gas pump. I don't worry when the bar starts flashing either. I usually go 20 or 30 miles after the bottom bar starts flashing before I fill up and the most I've ever been able to put in is 5.2gls.

Stromette may have more detail for you. She's the only one I know who's ever run out. I think she carries a Oklahoma Credit Card for emergencies.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious!! :lol:
Don't know how much specific help I can be since I don't determine my gas level by the digital bars or flashing gas pump or such. Since I push the limits of the tank and constantly exceed flashing icons, I prefer to go by mileage--I use both the Trip 1 setting and one of my GPS' to know how many miles I have left before, um, the Oklahoma Credit Card has to be used.

This will seem quite odd to many of you but the Strom has a very small tank in the world of long distance riding. I'm ALWAYS the one w/the shortest range and group gas stops have to be planned according to the Strom's range. That's what I get for riding w/a bunch of BMW's, an FJR, and an ST1300. They always rag me and say "good thing you ride fast since you have to stop for gas all the time." :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to my manual when the fuel tank icon starts flashing you have 5l left and when both the icon and the last bar start flashing you have 2.7l left.hope you made it home without running out of gas.
Ride safe Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts