StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my strom for the first time last night :oops: . Coming out of the car wash bay. She was all nice and shiney, and i dropped her in a puddle. The bikes fine, small scratch on the bar end, but nothing else, i was going super slow.

The only thing that busted was the brake lever. Snapped right at the break-point. Anyone out there know how much a new one costs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just replaced my clutch lever. I bought the OEM lever cost $37.00 plus tax. I also bought the break lever just in case. After I purcahsed the levers I found an after market break lever ( motoboss) for a Yamaha that would work for $19.00 + tax. The difference in break levers is that the OEM has the screw and nut and the lever is notched.

OEM Clutch

Notch in lever

My fix of broken clutch lever, it is shorter but should not break in a fall. I used the ball end of a ball strap, drilled hole in end of lever and used a metal screw.

Hope this is useful. :D

Bill

·
Registered
61 Posts
yebogiant said:
Dropped my strom for the first time last night :oops: . Coming out of the car wash bay. She was all nice and shiney, and i dropped her in a puddle. The bikes fine, small scratch on the bar end, but nothing else, i was going super slow.

The only thing that busted was the brake lever. Snapped right at the break-point. Anyone out there know how much a new one costs?
you could just take it somewhere and have it welded back on. that's what my buddy did and it cost him five bucks. :wink:

Kaos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts