StromTrooper banner

What is your weight? Just you, not your clothing.

• under or equal to 130lb

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • over 130 lb to 150 lb

Votes: 45 3.8%
  • over 150 lb to 170 lb

Votes: 139 11.7%
  • over 170 lb to 190 lb

Votes: 230 19.3%
  • over 190 lb to 210 lb

Votes: 210 17.6%
  • over 210 lb to 230 lb

Votes: 200 16.8%
  • over 230 lb to 250 lb

Votes: 152 12.8%
  • over 250 lb to 270 lb

Votes: 87 7.3%
  • over 270 lb to 290 lb

Votes: 53 4.5%
  • over 290 lb

Votes: 65 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Can I change my answer?

I answered "Over 290 lb". I need to change it to "Over 170 lb to 190 lb".

I just dropped under 190 today! I had Gastric bypass surgery right after the 2009 North American V-Strom Gathering. My highest wight was 313, I am targeting 180 as my goal. I could not even come close to wearing that Twisted Throttle t-shirt when I picked it up at the gathering. Now it is one of my favorite shirts!

Wow, do I feel better! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good for you. I can feel a 10lb weight difference. I'll bet you feel better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Way to go Denver6 :thumbup:

When I parked my Strom last fall I weighed 224lbs. Today I'm 193lbs. The bike should be killer fast now with 30 odd pounds less to lug around when I put it back on the road this spring.

·
Registered
305 Posts
At the start on January, I was 260lbs. I am now just a hair over 230. My goal is 190, my fighting weight:var_20:, as my wife calls it. I agree, hauling around 70 less pounds should make me alot faster ( if you took 70lbs off your bike it should be :mod2_scooter:WAYfaster!).
It was entierly a health decision. While my blood pressure has always been good, my cholesterol was up a bit, and heart disease and diabetes run on both sides of my family. Being overweight is probably the stupidest risk to my health i could take.I'm hoping by swimsuit season. Although i'll still be carrying about 70lbs more than my kid, so i may not be able to catch him.
Dieting sucks,:var_38: but it's better than dying!

·
Registered
17 Posts
What a bunch of light weights!!!
I'm 6' 4" and weigh 380 pounds. I'm from south louisiana and if anyone thinks their going to stop me from eating chicken and sausage gumbo, boiled crawfish, shrimp etoufee, alligator sauce piquante, and bread pudding their out of their minds. Come on guys, at 60 food is all I have left besides my bikes!!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
What a bunch of light weights!!!
I'm 6' 4" and weigh 380 pounds. I'm from south louisiana and if anyone thinks their going to stop me from eating chicken and sausage gumbo, boiled crawfish, shrimp etoufee, alligator sauce piquante, and bread pudding their out of their minds. Come on guys, at 60 food is all I have left besides my bikes!!
:thumbup:
Well I guess I'm one of those guys that piss you off. I eat most of the same stuff but somehow can't manage to pass the 150 mark!! :confused:

Welcome to the gang, nice to see another coon-ass in the mix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ain't got time to be upset! Takes too much energy. Besides, we all can't be big cause who would get in them tight spaces LOL! If ever you want to meet up for a ride let me know. There aren't many Stroms visible here in Houma.
:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, it's nice to know I'm useful for something!! :hurray:

There aren't too many Strom's around NOLA either, in the year and a half I've had mine I've seen 2 and wasn't able to talk to either one of them. A few months before I bought mine I saw my first one in the area, never saw it again though, but.....when I saw it on the road he was riding with a couple of guys on HDs, I bought this on used at the HD dealer in Metairie, same color, sooooo maybe I do see it...everyday I'm home...in my driveway!!

I don't make it out to Houma very much but I do, one day, plan to take a ride
up through Kramer, Thibodaux, Pierre Part up to I-10 and back home down river road from Baton Rouge. All paved roads. Got any good roads to ride around you?

·
Registered
153 Posts
25, 6'9", and when I bought my strom I was 367 lbs... now I'm down to 274... (93 lbs.. woop woop!). I could have bought a 650 now... haha.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks like we are a bunch of fat-a$$es - me included :green_lol:

But seriously, my size was one of the reasons I bought this bike. It fits me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 33, 5'11", and 178 lbs. I'm kind-of a shorty around here I guess. :yesnod:

41 - 60 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.