StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newer ones which are larger diameter (for the Wee). I've done some googling and can't find a website or entry that lists the weight, for some reason. :confused: (Yes, I even did the site:strom.... thing). If you know, please post up.

While I'm at it, I'd love to know how much the SW Motech skid plate weighs too.

I'm just wondering how much my protection is costing me in weight.

Thanks all, happy riding!

·
Registered
260 Posts
According to the UPS slip the whole package was 16.4 lbs... for the guards... so aside from packaging, probably somewhere around 15 lbs I would imagine.

·
Registered
808 Posts
SW-motech bars + skidplate + centerstand shipping weight from twistedthrottle = 30lbs.. :jawdrop:

skidplate couldn't have been more than 8 of that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
392 Posts
weight

All this weight is on the bottom of the bike, will actually make it very slightly more stable, if that matters to you.

Bill H.

·
Registered
76 Posts
weight is relative in my view. I like to keep the weight down as well as I weigh about one eighty myself if I keep adding farkles that are heavy it will add up to less performance and mileage. If you want to make a jeep or off road vehicle out of your strom those items you mention are not an option.

For example. I doubt I will do more than go on a bad road occassionally with mine and do some camping at campsites. I do a lot more aggressive canyon carving than tearing up fire trails so the wightweight frame sliders seem a better plastic protection option for me. I use soft hard bags I have from my BMW to clip on the wee for carrying camping stuff for the same reason. They are not permanent so if I'm camping carry a ton of stuff, the rest of the time I have a lightweight great handling bike. That is after all why I bought the wee. If I did a LOT of off road , I'd have bought a dual purpose bike with knobbies and the whole thing. We all have to think about how we use these things in my view and KISS.........(keep it simple stupid) jus sayin

·
Registered
293 Posts
I totally understand your point Stixx. I've been wrestling with this myself.

Everytime you add more weight, you reduce performance to some degree. It's just plain physics. Unless you can maintain your power-to-weight ration by increasing performance while adding the weight.

Which is why I've been thinking about the aftermarket pipes......

They have been said to add about 5%, which isn't much. The Wee is already so perfectly tuned, there's not much room for improvement. Or so I have read.

I want a nice long distance touring bike....but I hate to sacrifice the zippiness of the Wee to get it. So, I'm basically locked up right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got a set of the 21mm Motech guards laying about in the garage and they weigh a little less than 8 lbs with the thru-bolt and assorted hardware. Quite light for the protection that they provide.
BTW, the set is for sale ($80) since I sold the bike ....PM if interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a set of the 21mm Motech guards laying about in the garage and they weigh a little less than 8 lbs with the thru-bolt and assorted hardware. Quite light for the protection that they provide.
BTW, the set is for sale ($80) since I sold the bike ....PM if interested.
I'll take them. Send me a message.
Thanks,
Assfault

1 - 9 of 9 Posts