StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Typically, an 1157 consumes about 27W for a brakelight and 8W for a taillight and there are two bulbs in the housing.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So by going to the LED Taillight mentioned in the other thread, I'll potentially be saving 54 watts of power and 16 watts for sure?? I have one on order through a friend in Germany :p

Typically, an 1157 consumes about 27W for a brakelight and 8W for a taillight and there are two bulbs in the housing.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
So by going to the LED Taillight mentioned in the other thread, I'll potentially be saving 54 watts of power and 16 watts for sure?? I have one on order through a friend in Germany :p
Close to 16 watts for sure, and the 54 watts ought to be "de-rated" in the greater scheme of things since it's not a constant power draw. The only potential issue you'll have is whether the new fixture will pass your local vehicle inspection rules.

Lights and such have to be D.O.T. approved in the US. My son-in-law's GSX LED-mods wouldn't pass until he re-installed the stock lighting. Dunno about Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike doesn't have to be inspected unless it's sold and the flush mounts passed when I had my out of province inspection performed. In many cases people don't know what is stock and what isn't. Either way I'm saving 16 watts, so that will help with the heated gear and you are right I'm not counting on the 54 watt total, although that will be a help living in a city where stop & go traffic can be an issue :twisted:

Close to 16 watts for sure, and the 54 watts ought to be "de-rated" in the greater scheme of things since it's not a constant power draw. The only potential issue you'll have is whether the new fixture will pass your local vehicle inspection rules.

Lights and such have to be D.O.T. approved in the US. My son-in-law's GSX LED-mods wouldn't pass until he re-installed the stock lighting. Dunno about Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts