StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Present.

Is this a new club?

May be looking to sell to make room for a Honda Helix.

CS, the CB450SC Nighthawk requires valve adjustments - easier than the Strom, but adjustments nonetheless.

I will add, too, that if I had not come into some extra $ and a great deal on the Wee, I could well be riding a late-model NH 750. That was my second choice.

·
Premium Member
2007 DL650ABS
302 Posts
First bike was an '84 CB550.
Great, almost mint, used bike to start on for a few years.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Had a Honda Rebel, do I get half credit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a Honda Rebel too...

Yeah, 2nd on having a Honda Rebel. Fun bike, small enough to pickup and move the front wheel while standing astride it. I actually was able to zip past traffic up to 80 rather quickly.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I had a '92 750. Really nice bike, and typical Honda top-shelf, bulletproof quality. It was the ultimate 'tweener, which could do everything pretty well but wasn't really the best choice for any specialized activity. I often recommend it as a good choice for someone starting out in motorcycling. It's not so big to be intimidating, has enough juice for highway travel, and is very easy to handle.

I also had an '82 750 Magna. THAT one I would not recommend to beginners.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to own a 1984 CB650SC, wonderful bike with shaft drive,
had a 6 gear overdrive. Currently I own a 1992 Nighthawk 750
as well. My son is riding the 750 now and depending on how tall
you are it can be used as a beginner bike. The 750 does weigh
around 480 pds. wet so compared to a SV650 it is more of a
handful if a beginner were to ride it as a first bike. Lots of good
info on http//.nighthawk-forums.com.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Currently have a 99 CB250. Bought it for my son to learn on two years ago, he joined the marines and changed his mind, and I liked it so I kept it. I had not owned an under 500cc bike since 1975. It is my daily commuter and my quick-trip-to-the-store bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
CB 250 Nighthawk for Sale

I was looking for a larger Nighthawk when I came across Vstroms. I wanted a Honda because that's what I had when young and they were bullet-proof and loads of fun.

I bought a CB250 last November to learn on and see if I wanted to continue biking. Bought the Wee three months ago or so.

I have really fallen in love with my Wee and the li'l Nighthawk sits alone in the garage. I never ride her anymore so I better find her a new owner. I really like Hondas, though, and am looking for a 230 or so dirt bike.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had a 1985 Nighthawk. Loved it back in the day. Had the upright sitting position, speed, good looks and reliability that I like in my strom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a 84 nighthawk s in 85, rode it for 2 years before it was run over! Bought another, a 1985 's 3 years ago. Restored it and rode it. Sold it to a friend who was lusting after it and bought the wee. That bike was way ahead of its time. shaft drive, hyd lifters, gear pos indicator and gas gauge all standard. And that kick when reved over 7000 rpm Priceless!

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I still have my 2001 Nighthawk. Many bikes have come and gone, this one is here to stay.
:drool: but for the Wee that is probably what I would be riding.

Here's mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
My first bike back after 40 years away was an '85 Nighthawk 450. I enjoyed it and found it to be a great first time back bike. But alas I wanted more power so it went away. I wish I had kept it now, but I say the same thing about my ST1100. I now ride the wee every day and smile all the time. That being said, I am afraid I am beginning to look at other options out there. I just can't leave well enough alone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My first bike 4 yrs ago was a 92 Cb750 - put about 25,000 miles on it when I sold it 4 months ago - Had bought it with 55,000 on it already- still ran strong.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nighthawk 450

While thinking about your post I decided to see if I still had pics of my 450. Here it is.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts