StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......good dual sport before your V-strom. I just got rid of my DRZ to buy a new 2011, and not so sure just yet. The strom is much nicer, and rides two up nicely, but the DRZ was so fun.

Oh, and sorry to start off on a negative note, and am a new V-or umm, "wee" strom owner of course. But I'm missing the DRZ.

But on a more positive note, the wife absoloutley loves the strom, and you've heard how the saying goes, if Mama ain't happy.........you know!

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
......good dual sport before your V-strom. I just got rid of my DRZ to buy a new 2011, and not so sure just yet. The strom is much nicer, and rides two up nicely, but the DRZ was so fun.

Oh, and sorry to start off on a negative note, and am a new V-or umm, "wee" strom owner of course. But I'm missing the DRZ.

But on a more positive note, the wife absoloutley loves the strom, and you've heard how the saying goes, if Mama ain't happy.........you know!
I have a DR-Z400S that I had before the V-Strom purchase. Didn't occur to me to sell it, the Strom is basically a street bike and in no way a replacement for that bike.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a DR-Z400S that I had before the V-Strom purchase. Didn't occur to me to sell it, the Strom is basically a street bike and in no way a replacement for that bike.
I rode the Wee for 3 years, wrapped it around a deer so I bought a KLR650 while we fixed the Wee. I loved that thing, so much fun but most of my riding is a long commute and it was a bit too much vibration and it felt a lot more exposed. Never could get used to it on the highway. Ended up fixing the Wee and selling the KLR but I miss it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One can never have enough bikes. Don't compromise, just pick up another Drz and have both!:thumbup: Used Drz's are cheap and easy to come by not to mention as reliable as an anvil. The Drz is still the best fun per $ you can have IMO.

·
Registered
100 Posts

That's my wife and myself on a DRZ400S. I don't have a Wee yet but plan to start looking for a used 2012 next fall or late this summer. So I'm lurking around here getting the scoop on the Wee.

I love the DRZ riding solo. My wife and I do some dual sport riding on the DRZ and it's ok but not very comfortable. Even two up you can coax it into some single tracks but we can't haul the camping stuff and her at the same time. We've tried and it's miserable. We couldn't do it all until I got a Corbin seat that's a little harder and thicker in the front than their standard seat and infinitely better than the stock one. But back to the Wee...

The Wee and the DRZ are good at different jobs. Keep the DRZ if you can and have the place and time to put it to use. Yeah the DRZ is fun. I'd love to have the time to ride it out West and back instead of hauling it down the interstate to Ouray.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They are different bikes, for a different purpose. One cannot replace the other. You must own both! And get motard wheels for the DRZ so you can ride it hard on the road and dirt, that's what I do :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
They are different bikes, for a different purpose. One cannot replace the other. You must own both! And get motard wheels for the DRZ so you can ride it hard on the road and dirt, that's what I do :thumbup:

Damn that DRZ looks good, (also the strom) :thumbup: but that 30 minute seat would be a problem.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Old dog...

'68 Triumph T100C desert sled. Wish I still had it. Then I could work on my Steve McQueen (whoops! Bud Eakin) impersonation.:green_lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really wasn't expecting it to replace my DRZ, but the wife and I were looking for something we could ride two up on, and this seemed like it. Though it does a very good job at what it does, I just thought I'd ever miss those dirt roads and throwing roost so much.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The DRZ is more fun because you can do this

and this

But the Vstrom is more practical. I have banned myself from riding my DRZ to work because I know it would be bad for my license :mrgreen:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the KTM SXC625 prior to the Wee. Never considered getting rid of the KTM, it goes many places the Wee won't (most likely due to the fact that I won't try to take it there) and the Wee goes places much more comfortably than the KTM does (vibrations are crazy on the street but not noticable on the dirt).

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Vee goes places the ZG won't go. The KLR goes places the Vee won't go. The DRZ goes places none of them will go. All are keepers.

·
Registered
714 Posts
They are different bikes, for a different purpose. One cannot replace the other. You must own both! And get motard wheels for the DRZ so you can ride it hard on the road and dirt, that's what I do :thumbup
I'm in the process of ordering motard rims, hubs, and metzelers for my KTM EXC 300. Can't want to get a 2-stroke on pavement. But yeah, I too can see how this is gonna be a hazard to my license, not to mention my wallet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts