StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to how many people here carry a tire repair kit, what brand, and if you have had to use and how it worked out.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I carry the slime plug kit with compressor. Seems to work great. I've got a shinko thats had a plug for 3k miles.

·
Registered
536 Posts
A plug kit and Cyclepump are always on the bike.

Yes, I've had to use them a few times.

The cyclepump is by far the fastest and most reliable mini compressor I've owned.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I carry a plugger,a tubless repair kit and a slime 12 volt compresor.I also carry 2 9" spoons and a 14" spoon and 2 small pairs of vise grips to hold the tire on while I'm mounting it..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
371 Posts
Slime mini pump and slime plug kit.Fits nicely under the seat in front of the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
A $5 plug kit from Walmart (I freakin' hate Walmart) and a $10 12V air pump. I have had the "opportunity" to use them several times, and have been glad to have them each of those times!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I carry a plug kit and a bicycle pump. Sometimes a DC electrical pump if space isn't an issue. If these don't fix the problem, it's time to call for help--that's why I carry insurance.

My off pavement riding is limited to good graded Forest Service roads. Anything more strenuous and I would want more repair equipment.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Yes. Probably Slime. And I've used it twice.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Slime mini compressor.

Rubber worm plug kit.

Stop and go plug kit

Other assorted stuff like smaller tools, led flashlight etc...

I needed the plug kit once, the tools never but... it is all waiting for the day I need to fix a problem for myself or a fellow biker.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Never thought I'd have to use it. I bought a cheepy plug kit from an auto store like Autozone then watched a redneck on youtube repair a tractor tire using a plug kit.

Took off on a 4,000+ mile trip, and at the absolute furthest point from home in Canada, SOMEHOW got a nail in my tire... Sure was glad to have it! They don't take up any room so it's silly not to have a kit. I go with the CO2 cartriges instead of the air compressor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Slime mini pump and slime plug kit.Fits nicely under the seat in front of the tail lights.
Yep, that's my setup too, carried in the same location. Haven't had to use mine...yet. :thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
tire kit

slime electric pump-hand pump-CO2 pump-plug kit -large inside glue on patches(in case of torn tire)-2 tire spoons-. Travel on many desolate gravel roads.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Plug kit and an $8.00 Harbor Freight electric pump. Pump has served me well for years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Slime mini pump and a plug kit.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I carry the slime compressor that's the size of a small cigar box.
The goop is probably garbage, but I carry it anyways just in case it might be useful.
I bought a bunch of twizzler type plugs and the ream/insert handles for them and keep that under the seat as well.
The compressor is really handy, and I've used the plugs many times (on bikes and friend's cars as well as my own car.

The trick to the plug is don't cut off the excess; burn it and let it melt into the tire. I tried to pull a plug out once and a big chunk of the tire came with it; there's no way those things are coming out if you melt them into the tire.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Repair kit and compressor for me too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I always carry a plug kit and small "Slime" compressor. One of those items that you don't think about until you're stuck somewhere, without it. Oh the joys of learning things the hard way...:beatnik:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts