StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Rocky Point
If you are on the Island
Please post your location. Maybe we can arrange a meet in the near future ?

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Expensive on Long Island?
I've never been, but it looks nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes unfortunately everything is expensive here on Long Island

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured we would have more replies by now.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Don't be depressed. Even in Los Angeles, we can't get a group together. Some folks don't cross town, much less an Island, Long as it is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I hear Ya

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the few of us that replied maybe we can set up a meet and greet on the weekend weather permitting? Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Where does Long Island technically start? I see Brkln and Queens are the western end, so it starts there?
And I would imagine the eastern portion must be very scenic and isolated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is correct. Montauk and Orient Point are the furthest east of the island.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The further east you travel the more scenic it gets. Farms and winery

·
Registered
70 Posts
New member here from Long Island. Live in Seaford. Nassau county. Just bought a new left over 2018 V storm 1000xt. Figure I would give the thread a bump.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
across the tnb here .

most guys i know that ride we just cant get scheduling together to ride together . and when one us hears that went some where , its either , " i would of went but ....." or " why didnt you call me !!"

lots of solo mission and you are correct i hardly ever see a adv bike on the road in NYC let alone a strom

·
Registered
70 Posts
across the tnb here .

most guys i know that ride we just cant get scheduling together to ride together . and when one us hears that went some where , its either , " i would of went but ....." or " why didnt you call me !!"

lots of solo mission and you are correct i hardly ever see a adv bike on the road in NYC let alone a strom
I'm assuming that's the throggs neck and your in the Bronx or Westchester.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I am a former Long Islander (East Meadow) that jumped ship in 1980 after getting married to my S.O. from Sheepshead Bay. Living for the past 38 years up here in the Adirondacks. Don't know how much fun riding in L.I. would be, but I am sure you have to dodge bad drivers on a daily basis.

A head's up for anyone interested in a great Vstrom weekend coming up August 2-4 in Andover Vermont. This is the site for this year's N.E.V.A. ( Northeast Vstrom Adventure Weekend). A great time with a great bunch of riders. Camping and riding in the great State of Vermont. Vermont is an awesome place to ride paved and unpaved roads. More information on the Events section of Stromtrooper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts