StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I have a small LED light velcroes to the helmet, plus I have a hat with LED's built in.

The helmet light has come in handy many times when digging for gear after dark.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I carry a small LED flashlight in my tankbag. I actually found it on one of my trips, likely having fallen off a cyclist as it was still turned on when I found it on the side of the road. It has come in handy many times when looking for gear, oiling my chain, or even checking the road map after dark.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I carry a small LED flashlight in my MC coat. I laso put a couple of small battery powered Puck lights in each of my Side cases.

·
Registered
663 Posts
2 Mini Maglights (waterproof, focus-able)

Chomp on it like a cigar for perfect aim hands free; remove cap (for a stand) and use as a candle.

·
Registered
15,546 Posts
Harbor Freight cheapo flash lights, used to be free. Got a bunch and carry them.
The small Mag lites from a while back. still carry those.
Just got a 20 LED light from Harbor freight for those really dark scary situations. and of course, the hand crank type so I never need batteries.
Can't have enough of a good thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I keep a flashlight permanently on every bike. Under the seat or in the tool kit. The LED lights are great cause the batteries are generally smaller, and last much longer.
My newest favorite flashlight is the Maglite XL50. These have something like 12 hours use on the lower setting which is plenty bright and uses only 3 AAA batteries. They are guaranteed for life and made in the USA which justifies the price you pay. I've used mine on night patrol as a park ranger since they came out with them( two years ago )and have dropped it many times with no problems. Best light I've used in my 30 year career, as it is easily carried in a pocket, dependable, has the 12 hours working time, extra batteries are easily stored, and it is repaired free if it would ever need it. Small enough to hold in your mouth when using both hands.
MagLite XL50 LED Compact Adjustable Flashlights with Strobe FREE S&H XL50-S3036, XL50-S3096, XL50-S3016, XL50-S3106, XL50-S3017, XL50-S3037, XL50-S3116, XL50-S3097, XL50-S3107, XL50-S3117. Mag Instrument

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have 2. My keychain has an LED light. Really handy for a quick check over before a night ride and a larger LED light that my daughter bought me for Christmas. I tend to use that larger one for camping. That is until my daughters get a hold of it and use up the batteries. :headbang:

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I keep a flashlight permanently on every bike. Under the seat or in the tool kit. The LED lights are great cause the batteries are generally smaller, and last much longer.
My newest favorite flashlight is the Maglite XL50. These have something like 12 hours use on the lower setting which is plenty bright and uses only 3 AAA batteries. They are guaranteed for life and made in the USA which justifies the price you pay.

:thumbup: It is the absolute best I have ever used as well. It goes with me everywhere. I had been using a Led Lenser Tactical T7, but at a hundred bucks it wasn't in the ballpark with the Maglite. Whichever bike I am on, the Maglite is in the tank bag or tail bag.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I keep a flashlight permanently on every bike. Under the seat or in the tool kit.
I used to do that but could never find them in the dark.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I carry one of the several I have for work, Fenix brand or O-Light brand, single LED powered by one or two cr123 camera batteries that are rated for anywhere between 170 and 350 lumens. They have strobes and s.o.s. flash patterns too. I also have a little o-light keyring flashlight that runs off one AAA that's small enough to keep in the pocket of my riding coat (just bigger than the battery) and still pretty bright.

I got into these because of the type of work I'm doing requires use of a flashlight alot of the time, I got tired of working with junk from walmart and home depot... and one of my dads friends sells em. If all else fails I can spot deer while I'm waiting for the tow truck. Of course run time varies depending on what brightness setting you have the light on but you can turn it all the way down and get over 100 hours on fresh battery(s).

·
Registered
213 Posts
+1 for Fenix, but I stick with AA powered ONLY. AAs can be found absolutely anywhere. I've had a bunch of other flashlights and none have come close to these except some Surefires that cost 2 - 4 times as much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I use a surefire tactical. Handy size, but batteries cost a bomb unless you live in the US. Have used it when caught out on my old suzuki, where the light stopped working about 15 years ago, during a hunting trip on a farm. Rode with it strapped to the front and it lit the way very well for about 50 minutes straight on dirt and sand and I somehow stayed upright the entire way. It has a handy red light cover for sneaky night ops and can fit on a glock 40 when required. Twist on or single button at rear for those times when you want simple spot and go moves. Great range and can be focused. I love my torch and work pays for batteries now. They are $45 AUS for the two needed.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I use a SureFire G2 with the LED module. If it's bright enough to temporarily blind a goblin (and it is!), it's certainly bright enough to light up my life on the side of the road. I keep six extra 123s in the factory spares carrier.

(The 123A batteries) are $45 AUS for the two needed.
Gott im Himmel! I can purchase a box of 12 for US$22.50. Made in USA to SureFire's specifications. Why the devil are these batteries so damn expensive Down Under?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alway's

Always have one on my bike's, usually two. try to check them, but always do when I put my registration sticker on my plate every year. Just picked up this one at harbor freight. The fwd light part is ok, but the panel light with all those led's is really bright. It has a hook that hang's it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts