StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long is the factory warranty on a new Strom in the US? Twelve months?

I came close to pulling the trigger a couple months back on a 2014 V2 1000 from Romney in WV for $9000 (with the rebate) and the factory top case. I've just come across a slightly used and heavily farkled 2014 for just a bit more $$$. Basically, it's like getting $2000+ in farkles for free. But I'm assuming most, if not all, of the warranty has expired.

Both bikes (Romney vs. used) would be a fly-n-ride for me.

TIA.

Tipsy

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
its 1 year. But Suzuki is constantly running promotions to make it longer. I bought mine back in March and at that time you got a free 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. They might as well make a 25 year warranty though because it's about useless as it does not cover much and it takes about 4 weeks for the repairs to be done.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
But I should add they are extremely reliable and it is unlikely you will ever need a warranty. Also the folks at Romney are fantastic, they host a camp and ride event ever year. I'd go with the new one so I know the history.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's one year as mentioned.

Mine never went back. ;)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback.

Tipsy

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd go with the used one if I new the owner, where the bike was kept, how was it ridden (dirt or pavement), any mechanical problems, when was the oil changed, accidents of any kind and would I have bought those same or similar $2,000 worth of farkles. The warranty is nice, but it's not worth $2,000. Oh, and most importantly, which color is more appealing to you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts