StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been typing a response to a thread only to discover when I tried to post the response I was no longer signed in. I guess the forum timer doesn't see thread response typing as an activity. How long do I have before I am automatically signed out?

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
Happens to me all the time. especially if you have a thought and open another window and go searching for some info.
I think the site has ADD and we are victims. Easy to log back on but then have to go to quick links for the days post.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do you have the "Remember me" box ticked when you log in....? Again, I am always logged in unless I log out.... Even when I shut down my PC, when I hit the stromtrooper forum I am already logged in...

·
Registered
898 Posts
bikeflyer and porsche: It's a setting of some sort on your computer. I have to do the same thing, now, but I didn't used to have to do it BEFORE I had my laptop cleaned and adjusted by a local shop. I remember the guy setting "something" after asking me if I wanted sign-ins/passwords to be saved and I said "No". This was on the heels of a PITA identify-theft experience I had to endure (and am still dealing with months later).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well heck. I don't know how I didn't notice that "remember me" box. Thanks to those who pointed it out.

I almost never have my computer remember passwords for me for other applications though. I'm a little too paranoid about someone getting their hands on my computer and draining my retirement accounts, banking accounts, etc.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts

Cut it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.