StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning to do some custom paint on the cowl and I think the chrome emblem might be in the way, so I’m just wondering how it is attached in case I have to remove it. I’ve noticed in the galleries it looks like a few have taken theirs off. How is it attached, and how did you get it off? What does the panel look like underneath, any blemishes or flat spots or the like? Thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think it is just stuck on, another guy said he took his off like you want to do. His had a dent hidden underneath it on one side, the other side had no dent. Sounded like someone was covering up a point of damage. I don't believe that they are supposed to be dented there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hair-dryer & goo-gone....then a good wax job

·
Registered
187 Posts
Glued on

I took mine off my 05 dl650. It has some really thick adhesive. You can "roll" most of it off with your fingers, and then a bit of goo gone to remove the rest.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TheTwins said:
I think it is just stuck on, another guy said he took his off like you want to do. His had a dent hidden underneath it on one side, the other side had no dent. Sounded like someone was covering up a point of damage. I don't believe that they are supposed to be dented there.
i'm the guy with the dent... :roll: i had one hell of a time getting the glue off after i removed the S. i didn't have as much trouble with the glue on the v-strom stickers. i had to buy and use stick-off. it worked pretty good. it is a citrus based product. wonder if i could have used orange juice. that is what it smelled like. they definetly tried to hide something uner the S on the right side. there was a small black spot in the paint, i think the plastic was showing through. and an area that looked like they tried to rub something out with some kind of polish or rubbing compound as the clear coat was gone. and there was a small dent in the plastic. mind you now.. this is a very small spot and easily covered up with the S. no big deal. i'll be putting another S or something over the blemish.

Kaos :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmm

mine came off easy. just started at a corner and the pealed right off. i didnt like the STROM part as its reminds me too much of STROM Thurmond.. Now if they had some cool DL-1000 stickers like that for the tank...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts