StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has arthritis and she said the small bumps we hit on my lowered Speed Triple are quite painful for her. The Speedie is just not a 2up bike but I feel the Wee may get the job done a bit better. We are both a little bit small, I'm 5' 9" 160lbs she is 5' 8" 140lbs. My initial thought was sweet this finally gives me clearance to buy a Multistrada, but I've always loved the V-Stroms even if they're not Euro.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't have much experience on many bikes other than my previous KLR and the v-strom is way smoother on the road. The rear shock is adjustable so you can make it softer or harder depending on your set up. I ride a lot of gravel roads and I can go 60+ on the gravel and it feels like it's pavement.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
My wife has arthritis and she said the small bumps we hit on my lowered Speed Triple are quite painful for her. The Speedie is just not a 2up bike but I feel the Wee may get the job done a bit better. We are both a little bit small, I'm 5' 9" 160lbs she is 5' 8" 140lbs. My initial thought was sweet this finally gives me clearance to buy a Multistrada, but I've always loved the V-Stroms even if they're not Euro.
It seems odd, but the best solution for you will be a better shock on the rear with a stiffer spring. The stock one is very soft, and 2-up it will bottom quite harshly. A shock with the proper rate will be much more comfortable.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,442 Posts
In my opinion the factory suspension on the front of the Wee is very rough. Not too stiff, but harsh on sharp bumps and such. On both of mine I have installed the cartridge emulators and stiffer springs along with proper fork oil. Substantial improvement in riding comfort. The rear is ok, but I would consider the front a must do for a comfortable bike.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
softer in the rear = more comfort

I made my rear shock softer by putting in an Elka for $$$ and dialing it to the soft end of its range

1 - 5 of 5 Posts