StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time-to-time and recently there have been many posts about getting a spare key made for the Suzuki Factory luggage etc. This is how I deal with keeping & having a complete 2nd set of keys with me anytime I am on the bike and I don't have to worry about is this the jacket I have the spare keys in and/or like another thread here posted his jacket blew off his bike that had the 2nd set and was lost.

I had a spare ignition key cut at a shop. Of course this key will let you under the seat also but not in the bags. Sooooooo I hide the spare ignition key somewhere on the bike (your choice) and just put the 2nd set of keys my dealer gave me when I purchased the bike new under the locked seat in my tool tray.

Works for me YMMV :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
The key I had made at the kiosk at the mall is thin enough to fit in my wallet. It is always with me, and the spare givi luggage keys are under the seat in the tray.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
From time-to-time and recently there have been many posts about getting a spare key made for the Suzuki Factory luggage etc. This is how I deal with keeping & having a complete 2nd set of keys with me anytime I am on the bike and I don't have to worry about is this the jacket I have the spare keys in and/or like another thread here posted his jacket blew off his bike that had the 2nd set and was lost.

I had a spare ignition key cut at a shop. Of course this key will let you under the seat also but not in the bags. Sooooooo I hide the spare ignition key somewhere on the bike (your choice) and just put the 2nd set of keys my dealer gave me when I purchased the bike new under the locked seat in my tool tray.

Works for me YMMV :thumbup:
Been doing it like that since day one! Makes the most sense to me!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I kept the spare on a chain around my neck with a dogtag/emergency information until I moved to the RoadID bracelet when riding. Zip-tie the key to the riding boot strap works well too as you always have your boots.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I have a spare key in a hollowed out coconut I keep secreted on my person.

It's just for fun because my bike is deceased.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have a spare key in a hollowed out coconut I keep secreted on my person.

It's just for fun because my bike is deceased.
Norm, we know how much you LOVE the feel of the husk...so much that you can never make up your mind whether you should keep it in, or take it out, or back in, or out........

lol
jeff

I hate to admit it but I've NEVER kept a spare with me....I figure help in only a phone call and a few hours away so they stay in my "key bag" in my dresser.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I always keep my spare on a lanyard in my tank bag. If I'm off and away from my bike I take by tank bag with me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've got a weird, thin/small-headed spare that is on a card in my wallet, along with a copy of the pannier key. Wallet comes with me everywhere, so it's all good... I also have a spare ignition key on my house keys, which are in my pocket all the time as well. Three keys is almost definitely overkill... old habits die hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts