StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering loading my Wee onto a trailer in February and heading due south from here (manitoba).

As I am unfamiliar with the USA, how far would I have to go before hitting rideable weather?....Kansas perhaps?

Appreciate any info.

Cheers!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Am considering loading my Wee onto a trailer in February and heading due south from here (manitoba). As I am unfamiliar with the USA, how far would I have to go before hitting rideable weather?....Kansas perhaps?
Looks like you have to go the southern reaches of Texas to be comfortable:

http://web2.airmail.net/danb1/climate.htm

--Mike

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I think your perception is blurred by your location. I had a lovely ride last night. It was sunny but the temperature was below 50ºF. Us GWN guys have a much shorter riding season and I think that makes us a little more tolerant of various riding conditions. Basically, I think many of us would ride, as long as the raods aren't icy (and some may even ride when it is icy). ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think your perception is blurred by your location. I had a lovely ride last night. It was sunny but the temperature was below 50ºF. Us GWN guys have a much shorter riding season and I think that makes us a little more tolerant of various riding conditions. Basically, I think many of us would ride, as long as the raods aren't icy (and some may even ride when it is icy). ;)
LOL, I moved here to Texas from Michigan 30 years ago because of my "perception." My internal riding thermometer hasn't changed much since then:

Temp = Comfort Level
-------------------------------
68 - 98 = comfortable
50 - 67 = chilly
40 - 49 = cold
below 40 = seen nut jobs riding on the street.

--Mike

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a hardened Canuck, I would have to agree with Heavy's assessment. In February, it is very likely the daily high temp will be around -20ish.

To be able to ride my bike in mid 40-50 temps would be like a spring day.

Come spring here (southern MB), if the temp hits zero (celcius), I am out riding.

cheers

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should add, our intention is to truck down to where it is decent enough to ride. We will then continue on bike further south, probably into Texas.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts