StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! After researching out a bunch of options for a trunk on my dl650, I think I've finally decided on the Bestem 929. I was wondering though, how "easy" is the install? I'd really rather not drill any holes into my bike if possible.

Also, I read in another post about rumors of a 929 coming detached and falling off a bike while driving. Anyone ever actually witness that? Does it not have the same three-point attachment system as the Givi?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My besteem took about an hour to install. Most of that time was spent adjusting the bracket more to the rear of the rack. To allow my wife more comfort. Note, the rack has to be taken off to install bracket. the wireing for brake light is also quite easy as well. search the threads for deatailed specs for both. In general I am pleased with the box. Only thing I changed from stock was installing the taller rubber pads so the box sits firmer in the mount. Wich are supplied in the kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Bestem 929 on my Wee a few weeks ago. Followed Zerosum's process which was a great time saver: http://www.stromtrooper.com/product-reviews/16718-bestem-topcase.html

The only holes needed on the bike side were through the rubber mat that covers the factory rack. The Bestem mounting bracket does however need some modification (i.e. holes drilled). I just hit the bare metal with some black paint to inhibit rust.

Overall, I'm very happy with the box. It's an extremely good value. Absolutely no issue with it coming off the bike. This thing is very securely mounted. (I suppose there are scenarios where an improperly installed and/or mounted unit could fall off, but not if you mount it Zerosum's way and assure that the box is securely mounted to the bracket...)

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
I drilled and tapped holes into the alloy rack for the Bestem mount. The Bestem mount can be easily removed or refitted without removing the Strom rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts