StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber piece that is on top of the grab rail/luggage rack. I took it off in 06 without damaging it, but can't for the life of me get it back on. Any advice?

No welcome threads please... I've been on the forums for years but I couldn't get on from my cell.

·
Administrator
17,543 Posts
Spray the nubs with some WD40, it will pop right in where it needs to go. So......why did you create a new profile, your original causing issues? And go put some miles on that 06, it is just begging to be ridden. ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I'll try that in the morning.

I don't still have the same email address I had when I joined, and my old password wasn't working. I'll reach out to an admin.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Use a small amount of liquid dish soap and water to wash off the WD40.
The WD40 will stay slippery for some time till it dissipates and the rubber piece may pop off till then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only way I could get it is by cutting the nubs... I and using lots of wd40. Thanks for the attempts at help . I know this isn't ideal...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Petroleum jelly and use a small diameter (around 1/4") dowel or rod to push from the top. The diameter should be able to pass through the hole in the rack. The reason is you need to be able to push the large diameter portion all the way through the rack.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Too late now since you had to cut it, but I have taken the one from my 09 on and off a couple of times . . . took some firm pulling to get it through all the holes, but it never tore. Wonder if the rubber gets less pliable over the years.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I pulled mine with needle nose while pushing with a dowel from the top. This was with the rack off the bike, as I was drilling/tapping the rack for a big top box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I pulled mine with needle nose while pushing with a dowel from the top. This was with the rack off the bike, as I was drilling/tapping the rack for a big top box.
I did this as well. Take the luggage rack off the bike, put the mat in place, and pull through from the far side with pliers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts