StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Wee yesterday. It's the first bike I've had cases on, so now I have a wad of keys in my pocket (ignition, cases, disc lock, car keys and my other keys). It's time to do something different. I'm one of those people who likes to have all my keys with me. Instead of ATGATT, it's ATK(keys)ATT. My wife suggested I have a link on my ring and snap on the bike or car keys, but the potential of a link to fail scares me. I don't want to loose my keys on the road. If I unclip them to put them on the bike and keep my house keys in my pocket, I'm afraid I'll feel the keys in my pocket and think I have them all and leave the other ones sitting in the ignition of the bike. :surprise: I feel like this is a stupid question, but I would love some suggestions. What do you guys do?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Some key solutions on Nite-IZE. if you have a tank bag, put a piece of string on the ignition key and the glob of keys in the tank bag. That way when you grab your keys, it is attached and wont be left in the ignition. You also wont have a heavy weight pulling tangentially on your ignition.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ignition key by itself. Case keys on my house keys in my pocket. Don't have to switch off to open the cases.:smile2: My lady also has a case key for the same reason.:wink2:

Coops.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have a single pannier key and my ignition key on a ring. All the rest of my keys are on a second ring with a spare ignition key in a pannier, clipped to an interior strap.

Keeps life simple.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Lovely key bouquet that one.:wink2:

Where do you get those from? I have never seen one.

Forget that question I have found them. Cheers.

Coops.

·
Registered
22,256 Posts
I hate having more then 1 or 2 keys on a ring that is used in the ignition switch while driving or riding, my V-strom ring has 3 keys now cause I just had to replace my ignition switch and I didn't want to pop the extra $$$ to have matching gas cap and trunk key, the other key is for my Caribou luggage

my Jeep and side by side only have one key on the ring

all the rest of my keys and spares for my vehicle are on a ring that is attached to my wallet by a chain, when I pull my wallet out the weight of the key ring in my pocket keeps my wallet secure from letting dropped and lost, and vice versa

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have my bike keys on their own ring, car and house keys on another ring, work keys on another, and finally trailer keys on final ring. They I have a small carabiner to hold them all together. I take a ring off for what I need, or leave some at home. I.E. my bike keys stay at home 'cause it's parked for the winter.

When I do ride, just the bike keys are in the ignition. The house keys (and maybe work keys if I'm commuting) are on the carabiner clipped to my laptop case in the pannier. Then, when I'm at the office, the bike and house keys stay clipped to the bag, and I just have to carry around my office keys all day as I go from building to building.

When they are all together, it's a big gangly collection of keys. But I rarely carry them all together like that. And I know the carabiner will not allow any ring to fall off by accident... This technique is great when someone gives you another key temporarily, or you have rental/borrowed car... just add to the collection and quickly remove later.

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Ignition key in the ignition. Pannier, top case, padlocks, etc. keys on a ring in pocket.

I don't carry a house key when traveling, don't need it.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
bike ignition key...in bike, pocket if parked in public area.
saddlebag key.....on biner clipped to tank bag.
car key...... left at home unless I'm taking car.
house key......in hiding place outside door. I don't take it with me ever.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Man, you guys have a lot of keys. When I ride my bike my car keys stay home. My bike key is by itself with a small V-Strom Keychain, my single house key is in my wallet, and my pannier keys (one for top box one for side cases) are on a short lanyard in my pocket. Nice and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
Three keys on my key ring: bike key, topcase/side case key and house key.

If travelling spare key for bike and cases is with riding partner (thanks for the great suggestion 568V8!)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Bike and case keys on the same ring. I have a spare set attached to the bike, just in case. House/work keys on a separate ring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A friend of mine uses a product called "my key port" give them a look very cool and sturdy. I'm not sure if they have key blanks for panniers, I'm going to look into it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Bike key alone, top box key in my front (the tiny pocket in a pocket one) pocket, and all the other keys in side case.

If i could switch my givi lock for the suzuki oem spare, i would only need one key!

I tried to have the givi key with the ignition key, it scratched the bar....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts