StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for some instructions for using the quote button and can't find any.Is there a post regarding this?Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I have looked for some instructions for using the quote button
I'm guessing the question is about netiquette rather than mechanics. Quote any part of a post that helps clarify the conversation. Trim unnecessary parts, especially pictures, when quoting unless asking a question about a picture that appeared earlier in a thread. Absolutely avoid quoting entire long posts to follow with an I agree or an emoticon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have looked for some instructions for using the quote button and can't find any.
Assuming you're logged in, just hit the "Quote" button in the message that you want to quote. It will create a new post with the original post "quoted" at the top, so you can add your comments below.

In this case, I hit the Quote button in YOUR message, which makes it appear in the little "quote box" at the top of this reply. Note that while you're actually composing your message, the quoted message will appear wrapped in HTML formatting (it'll have QUOTE=mark2wheeler etc in brackets). This won't appear once you "Submit reply." (or "Preview post") You can also edit the text inside the quote - in this example, I lopped off the second sentence of your post in the quote.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[ in HTML formatting (it'll have QUOTE=mark2wheeler etc in brackets). This won't appear once you "Submit reply." (or "Preview post") You can also edit the text inside the quote - in this example, I lopped off the second sentence of your post in the quote.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.Now I get it.In a post I copied and pasted on something I commented on and of course the reader wouldn't have been able to tell which words were mine and which were from the post I copied.Thanks again

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ in HTML formatting (it'll have QUOTE=mark2wheeler etc in brackets). This won't appear once you "Submit reply." (or "Preview post") You can also edit the text inside the quote - in this example, I lopped off the second sentence of your post in the quote.
Thanks guys.Now I get it.In a post I copied and pasted on something I commented on and of course the reader wouldn't have been able to tell which words were mine and which were from the post I copied.Thanks again[/QUOTE]

test

1 - 5 of 5 Posts