StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some wax on the plastic faux-composite pieces of my bike. Anyone got tips on how to clean it up/off?

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I got some wax on the plastic faux-composite pieces of my bike. Anyone got tips on how to clean it up/off?
Might try some Goo Gone. It's supposed to work on wax anyway. As always, you might want to test it on a less visible place first though.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I always like this thread.

Try a little peanut butter on a paper towel. - Seriously, it works.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
In the future, you might want to use something like Protect-All. I use it on pretty much the whole bike, paint, plastic, faux carbon fiber, headlights, seat, windshield, helmet visor, doesn't seem to hurt anything and it leaves a slick finish like wax.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Peanut oil.

·
Registered
240 Posts
+1 what Mr Black said - peanut oil...

·
Registered
347 Posts
You could try a little liquid wax wipe it on soften the wax already on there and wipe it off.

I have also had good luck with spray polish, like bike spirts or Honda spray polish but I bet even pledge would work, spray it on use your finger to work the liquid in then wipe off and polish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Naptha (common lighter fluid) takes off wax and similar sticky residues like decal glue. It evaporates quickly and leaves no oil or other mess to clean up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts