StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount some highway pegs on my 2011 DL 650.I have SWMotech skid plate and safety bars already on the bike.Has any wee owners mounted Highway bars on that system.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yann's skid plate Hwy peg combo. Nice set up. Only draw back for some if your inseam challenged.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
G'day strompet42,

We used the Premium Highway pegs from ADVDesigns.
We have the swmotech crash bars and they work well
We rest our calf's on them with your legs outstretched. They sit just below the top of our boots and are very comfortable.
You can place your feet on the for something different.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2011 bars are different

Looks like the bars on your 2012 Wee are not the same as the 2011 bars.Thanks all the same.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I had the same pegs mounted on my 2007 Vee and I could be wrong but the bars would be the same or very similar to the old style Wee.
They were bolted up the same way and worked a treat on it as well.

Cheers Vman

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same pegs as Vman and they work great also low profile. Not the best picture but works fine on a 2007 with SW Motech bars.

Another benefit of these pegs and the mount location on the lower bar is the amount they stick out in relation to the upper bar. When the bike falls over on a hard surface, the peg usually hits the ground before the bar does and prevents the bar from getting scratched. I'm talking standing still and the bike falling over for whatever reason. I've dropped mine several times when loaded and on the centerstand cause I'm a spaz and the pegs always hit first.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not sure if you are still interested but why not make your own? Another Stromtrooper, forgot who came up with this idea, but you can use galvanized metal conduit and strap it to the front of your engine guards. Has worked well for me. Placed cheap rubber grips over the ends of the bar. Total cost was probably around $15 bucks. Been on the bike since this spring and use them to stretch out on longer rides. Here is a pic of how they look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts