StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you guys might be interested in how the bikes are crated. The photos aren't very good quality but they'll do.

From the right side. Note the large styrofoam support over the seat.

From the left rear. The front wheel is secured to the crate.

The handlebar mount is used to bolt the upper triple tree to the crate.

The front axle is clamped to the bottom of the crate.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I like it. Crating questions get asked occasionally and now the pics will be easy to find.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
So what happens to the crates? Are they sent back to the factory and reused or thrown out?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Mark!
Is plywood bolted to the outside of the aluminum framing?

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's a guage steel crate spot welded together. Then brackets bolt the bike secure. I think, no plywood..... cardboard box over a giant plastic bag.

dave

·
Registered
15,415 Posts
I used to get the shipping straps that BMW's came with. Most best securing straps I've come across. Seems the ones in the pictures of the Suzuki look like one time straps. Phooey!
The crate looks like it breaks down for the return to the factory. Held together with bolts.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I went by the dealer last night to look at mine, he says he hauls the metal to the scrap yard. Thnks for the pictures, intetesting stuff.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very cool, thanks! I remember the first and only Suzuki I bought right out of the crate, a '79 GS1000. The guys in the shop let me help assemble it. That was sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts