StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 650, it is a truly great machine and I love every one of the 37,000 miles I put on it. But, for the sake of change, I am interested in the 2012 DL1000. I would love to ride a DL1000 to see how it feels. What I would propose, if you are a 1000 rider in the Houston area, maybe we could meet up, switch bikes and ride a bit. I would be happy to treat you to dinner at Dots or Joe's BBQ in Alvin. It would be neat to see what the fuss is about for the big V-Strom.

PM me if interested, I am off work Fridays and Saturdays :hurray:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's now Dec, still looking for a fellow to ride with. Any H-town V riders out there?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not Houston, but if you make it to Bryan or College Station you can ride my '06. Best after February though. I am finally changing at work from deep nights to days.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When you get the 2012 DL1000, ride it and if you feel a 3k - 4k stumble or intake backfire, have the dealer reset the settings on the computer to take care of the 3k - 4k stumble or purchase a Power commander III.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not Houston, but if you make it to Bryan or College Station you can ride my '06. Best after February though. I am finally changing at work from deep nights to days.
Thanks, man. College Station is a nice ride up for me from Pearland. I can make that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Clear Lake Strom...

Hey Scorch, I'm in Clear Lake and just got my 650 last month. Wanna' go scoot some time?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You bet, give me a call sometime. Check your PMs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sat on a 2012 at Stubb's this week, it feels pretty much the same as my 650.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mission accomplished! Thanks, J-man.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to wait until the '13s are announced, it all comes down to color now :) Both bikes are great, the 1000 handles very nicely and the extra weight of the 1000 is no more of an issue than the lower power output of the 650. The main difference that matters is economy. If they come out with the bronze/yellow/ or white 2013 1000, I'm all over it. Still love the 650 but I have pledged to myself to buy a new Suzuki every 5 years or so, I finally figured out, I ain't going to live forever. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im up in tomball and i just got an 05 dl1000. Any of yall in the Houston area want to ride sometime? Send me a pm if interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts